Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-21-2011, 8:01 PM Reply   
http://www.digtriad.com/news/article...r-330000-House

ha!
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-22-2011, 7:16 AM Reply   
Democrats in action!!!
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-22-2011, 9:49 AM Reply   
How on earth can you blame this on Democrats ESPECIALLY in TEXAS???????? Did you read the article?

After three years of staying in the house, Texas law says he can petition the court for the deed.

Are you saying this law was passed solely by Democrats?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-22-2011, 10:32 AM Reply   
political party aside, it's a loophole, and he found it! It is a very specific set of circumstances he had to fit to make this happen...not an easy task, especially since the markets are beginning to take some turns. I doubt you will see this happening more than a few times in the next few years.

With that said, good for him!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-22-2011, 10:50 AM Reply   
Good for him. Pretty rare that it actually works. Same in CA, its an old law.
REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING LAND BY ADVERSE POSSESSION
A trespasser is entitled to legal ownership of property if his occupation of the property is hostile, actual, open and notorious, exclusive and continuous for a period of years set by state statute. (We explain each of these terms below.) Some states, such as California, also require the trespasser to have paid the local property taxes on the land.(1) The time required, which varies from state to state, is usually twenty years. It can be as short as five years when the trespasser pays the property taxes.
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       07-22-2011, 11:02 AM Reply   
Democrats?? I live close to this area and I assure you... there aren't many Democrats LOL. Ron must mean the "getting something for nothing" story is very Democrat inspired.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-25-2011, 4:59 AM Reply   
NICE!!

My favorite scam de jour is the dollar coin scam. The U.S. Mint is trying to get $1 coins into circulation so they will ship them to you for free if you buy them at face value....credit cards accepted. So people are using their cards and buying thousands of dollars worth of coins for the CC points\miles. They buy coins, deposit them and pay the bill for a no cost miles accumulation.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-27-2011, 9:13 AM Reply   
http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs...dentifier=8100

I did this for a while too. there wree some people last year buying up to 100k /month, lol. looks like they finally cought on.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-27-2011, 11:34 AM Reply   
That's what I mean, Rob. To me, the guy should be jailed for trespassing.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       07-27-2011, 2:59 PM Reply   
Trespassing on who's property? The owner walked away from it and the bank went under, apparently not selling off that house as part of its assets after the owner defaulted on the loan. So it was abandoned. I say finders keepers.

You can't buy something if there's no owner. The state wants someone in that house and paying taxes. I'm sure the neighbors wouldn't appreciate it if it was getting decrepit and the yard was a jungle. Maybe there's a better way to deal with such a situation but the way this one panned out seems fine to me.