Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (NuBu)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-15-2010, 7:47 AM Reply   
How do you weight your boats to surf? Right now i have front, midle, and whatever side they're surfing from full plus and additional 600# fly high sac in that locker. Wedge, yes. Surfing at 10.8 very happy with the wave but I would love to hear how others set their boats up, I'm always looking for a new idea.
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       05-16-2010, 6:22 AM Reply   
With your current configuration you are just scratching the surface of your boats capability.

My suggestion,

750 in your surf side locker. Fill it from the bottom and under your rear corner seats. This allows you to really get R full.

Then put a 750 on top of your seat.

Factory front center and surf side

Experiment with your wedge position. Try 3 clicks up and four clicks up from the bottom of the wedge gauge.

We ride at speeds of 12-13 mph on the regular side and 11-12 on the goofy side. (prop rotation i guess)

Most people think the malibu wave is short and stubby and mushy. when actually it is long and powerful.

If you really want to do it right, have a custom sac made that allows you to put as much water as you can in your rear compartment. I mean full. I had to take off the little glove/rope storage on the underside of the compartment lid. Then measure under your seats in front of your compartments. This measurement will actually be an arm on your big sac for the rear. (will be shaped similar to an Enzo sac buy made specifically for your boat.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-16-2010, 6:31 PM Reply   
Stanley has it right - you need more weight. I use the 750 + 400# of lead under the bag in the trunk then 600# of lead under the side seat + a 500# sac in the bow on the surf side and you get a very nice wave on both sides
Here is the goofy side
Attached Images

Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       05-16-2010, 9:33 PM Reply   
What you need is this.

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1813
Old     (NuBu)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-17-2010, 8:56 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input. Heres another question... if I went with the 750 or the sac from Bakes could I take out the 600's that are in there and use those on top of the seats or would I have to just get rid of them?
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-17-2010, 9:56 AM Reply   
This is what we did before the lead
Attached Images

Old     (NuBu)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-17-2010, 12:34 PM Reply   
Ok that gives me some great ideas. by-the-way that is a totally wicked picture of the wake!!! Another rookie question...how do you fill those sacs up? The additional Fyl High sacs that I have in the back were hooked up to be filled by the same pumps that filled my factory MLS tanks. I'm sure this is a silly question but we are new to the surfing/huge wake scene. When we surfed this weekend everyone thought the wake we had was huge so with these new additions they are going to go nuts, thanks for the help.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-17-2010, 12:53 PM Reply   
Steve - You can just call fly high and let them know what your set up is and they will send you 2 - 750 that will be plug and play if you have there quick connects n your existing setup. I chose to fill mine with separate pumps for a faster fill and drain time since we surf both sides. The sac on the seat we use a Tsunami pump also we have a 500 # launch sac and uber pump for the bow which makes for a quick fill and dump time.
Old     (NuBu)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-17-2010, 1:13 PM Reply   
Perfect, I like your plan. We surf both sides too so faster fill time is a great idea. Thanks for the help.