Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (nowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-27-2007, 3:41 PM Reply   
Do ProTec wake helmets loosen up a bit with use? I ask because I just received one that is definitely too tight as-is. If they don't loosen up then I'll swap for the next size up, but if they do then I'll keep this one.
Old    captainbluecrew            09-27-2007, 3:49 PM Reply   
I haven't noticed them loosening up in my experience, I'd go for the right fit.
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-28-2007, 8:45 AM Reply   
mine never have loosened up at all. I have had an ace helmet that I owned for 2 years and now own one of their B2i helmets and it still fits the same as the day I got it.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-28-2007, 9:04 AM Reply   
Mine hasn't at all
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-28-2007, 10:13 AM Reply   
Get a bigger size of cut you hair.
Old     (nowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-08-2007, 4:22 AM Reply   
Just used my helmet for the first time yesterday and it did loosen up a bit.
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-08-2007, 9:28 AM Reply   
not mine...
Old     (scottycali4nia)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-08-2007, 1:32 PM Reply   
are you sure it just didnt fit better cuz yer hair was wet and the padz inside were too? mine gets like that when wet... but i have a lota hair though.. so w/e lmao just an idea.
Old     (nowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-08-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
I have short hair so I don't think it's the hair. I did do a painful back flop and really smacked the back of my head right after putting it on for the first time, maybe that crushed something inside and loosened it up?
Old    sealyon.net            10-08-2007, 4:13 PM Reply   
Try using percimmon juice.. It will shrink your head to fit the helmet. Just kidding.
I wouldn't think that it would loosen any with the foam being so firm.

(Message edited by kerby on October 08, 2007)
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       10-08-2007, 6:02 PM Reply   
don't laugh everyone, i had to "shave" off some of the foam from the front of my xl protec for a better fit. i have a HUGE noggin. but i ended up getting the hyperlite bern since it fit better
Old     (nowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-10-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
I did notice that the protec is for a rounder head shape. My head is long and skinny and the smaller size was very tight in the front and the back but looser on the sides, so I moved up to the next larger size. The quality of the helmet seems to be top notch.