Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (boardridesurf)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-02-2008, 2:49 PM Reply   
I have a 2007 Enzo with the factory Kicker amp (ZX350.4) which runs 6 Kicker speakers and a sub (this is the factory setup except I replaced the factory 10" sub with a 12" sub). I want to add another amp to power 2 tower speakers and I need help with how to wire everything.

The factory setup has the 6 Kicker speakers coming out of 2 channels of the amp and then the sub is bridged off the other 2 channels of the amp.

How can I add another amp to power 2 tower speakers? The amp that I want to add is an Alpine MRV-F450 which is rated 50wX4+200w RMS @ 4 ohms (the tower speakers that I am adding are also 4 ohms but they are rated for 75w RMS). This amp is almost new from my last boat so I want to use it since I already have it.

I have wired amps before but never two amps within one system. Do I just split the signal from the back of the deck using “y” connectors and then run RCA cables to the new amp? If I do this will I loose sound quality from my current setup?
I did do a search but I couldn’t find a post on two amps.

I would like to keep the current setup for the Kicker amp if possible because it seems to power all 6 speakers and sub nicely.

I would appreciate any help, especially if someone could sketch a diagram.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-02-2008, 3:22 PM Reply   
Most amps have an in and out for RCA cables so you essentially daisy chain them together. That is how I wired my two amps and I did not see any performance degradation.

Run seperate power and ground for the new amp. I then added the on/off wire by daisy chaining on the first amp as well.

This is how I wired everything but I am not a stereo expert by any means but it sounds great and everything works well.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-02-2008, 7:58 PM Reply   
your head unit will have two sets of r.c.a plugs. run a seperate (FUSED) power wire and a seperate ground wire from batt. and daisy chain the blue wire amp on/off from the first amp. the amp is 50/4 so you should be able to run it 100/2 use it as a 2 channel amp and it should kick those speakers nice.