Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 07, 2006

Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-02-2006, 11:06 AM Reply   
I was talking on texaswakeboarders.com about the watson that I have and don't like. I mentioned I had a byerly before but on christmas day it was stolen out of the boat at a gas station. I didn't think it was stolen but my girlfriends dad assured me it didn't blow out (we took seperate vehicles) anyway it wasn't stolen it blew out. This morning kenv from texaswakeboarders.com sent me a pm saying his friend has my board, he said describe the bindings and I'll get it back. I gave him the description and getting the board back! kenv also says he has an extra set of overlays to replace the broken ones I have. I think this says a lot about wakeboarders in general he could have not said anything and kept a byerly 137 with parks bindings in good condition. I couldn't beleive it, I never thought I'd see that board again.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-02-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
Awesome, I bet your stoked.

How's the condition of the board after blowing out of the truck or boat?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-02-2006, 12:01 PM Reply   
Thats great, love to hear a good story like that! Got youre board back and youre bindings fixed. Cant ask for any more than that. You are one lucky wakeboarder that someone that cool found youre board. Wish everyone was that honest, would make the world a better place to live.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-02-2006, 12:11 PM Reply   
he said his friend put a little work to get it back in good shape. I'm sure it's not too bad or else he would have mentioned it. and yes I'm extremely stoked and will be giving them a reward for their good character and honesty.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-02-2006, 12:33 PM Reply   
Wow, I travel with my boards laying on the floor and the back seat all of the time. Gonna have to watch that from now on.

Great to hear you got your's back, you must be elated.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-02-2006, 4:32 PM Reply   
Ben, Karma is a great thing. You must have done something really nice at some point.

Pay it Forward: http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/4387/274069.html?1135916433
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-02-2006, 4:52 PM Reply   
Two of my boards were stolen off of my boat on lake James in Angola Indiana last year, and I don’t think that I’ll ever see them again. Benjamin must have better Karma than I do. May be I should start watching “My Name is Earl”.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-02-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
benjamin, good to hear you got your board back. It shows you that wakeboarders are a little different then the rest. I have yet meet a bad wakeboarder.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-04-2006, 6:23 AM Reply   
so I got my board back last night and made a new friend. I tried to give $40 as a reward (much less than what they deserved) he took $20 of it to give to his friend that found it and gave me the other 20 back and said save it for gas money if I ever want to go out on their boat with them, which is great b/c I mostly cable and hardly ever get a chance to ride behind a boat...