Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-05-2008, 6:52 PM Reply   
Has anyone ever heat molded them on their own?

and also, do the '07 Shanes fit true to size?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-05-2008, 7:12 PM Reply   
i don't know about the LF liners
but slingshots you just pop them in the oven @ 200 deg F. for 10-15 min.
I think i have heard people say ronix discourages self-oven-heating
BUT liquid force...well... maybe we'll just wait for someone with more experience to chime in. You could always contact the manufacturer too.
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-05-2008, 7:18 PM Reply   
I'd say they fit true. If you are between sizes I would go with the larger though
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-05-2008, 7:34 PM Reply   
I wear a 12/13 shoe and I have size 12 shanes and they are 100% perfect
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-06-2008, 6:26 AM Reply   
hey Nick did you heat mold yours?
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-06-2008, 7:34 AM Reply   
I have never heard of anyone heat molding the LF liners. I don't think that you should try it either as there is nothing in the box that says that you can do so.
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-06-2008, 10:49 AM Reply   
it says the liquid liners are heat moldable...
even if they don't mold..I still hear they are LF's most
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-06-2008, 11:02 AM Reply   
nope, but even w/o heat molding they are better than my ronix that were heat molded...super soft footbed
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-06-2008, 11:26 AM Reply   
Where did you read that they are heat moldable. I would suspect that they are not because they basically use the same liner for the open and close toe boots. Also the liner is not seperate from the boot like the Ronix and slingshot boots. The foot bed is exposed and I am not to sure how it will hold up to heat molding. I don't think that it would hurt it but I wouldn't risk it either. I am not trying to say that you are wrong, but I would just like to know where you read that cause I work in a shop and if they are heat moldable then that would be another selling point and I am curious to know if I can use the intuition heater like the Ronix boots and where I can find their recommendations on doing so.
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-06-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
# Newly redesigned Liquid Liner-The original heat moldable 6D boot liner now comes with a re-sculpted upper cuff for extra comfort.

^^^ copied straight from wakeworld.
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-06-2008, 2:52 PM Reply   
the high end LF boots are definitely heat moldable!! have a read of this thread for instructions:

http://www.wake.com.au/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=300210&hi ghlight=#300210
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-06-2008, 3:33 PM Reply   
Right on. Thanks for the info guys and girls. I really appreciate it. I guess that answers you question then Jeff. It seems as though it worked for the guys on that site. Now I know and can offer this option to my customers for LF bindings as well. It is funny that I hadn't heard this before and that they don't seem to market it in the magalog or even put anything in the box that gives you the details on it. I guess they don't view it as a very big deal.

Well, Thanks again, if you do mold them please let us know how it goes and if you feel any diff.
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-06-2008, 3:47 PM Reply   
Ok, with heat molded bindings, what happens if somebody else rides them?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-06-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
i just talked to our LF rep and he said you can cook them in the ronix cookers at the same settings. those aussies are crazy, haha.

brandon, it will stretch the boots out to their foot, and you will lose your custom feel. you would have to recook them but im not sure how many times you can do it, i know with ronix the max is 5 times.

when you are paying this much to buy a boot like this you are getting it as personal boot to fit you how you want it to fit and ride how you want it ride.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-06-2008, 6:00 PM Reply   
Mitch is right,

I know in 07' and previous boots, it voided the warrenty, im not sure if they changed that for 08'. Also, i believe the LF liners are only able to be molded once.