Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-17-2010, 9:29 AM Reply   
I met my gf last year, I took her out for her 1st day of riding on May 22nd. I had been on mine and UJ's boat 10-12 days by then....
I havent ridden once this year. Took the boat out 2 sundays ago, and it had to be blowing 40 solid. Yes, there's been maybe 8-10 days of weather that have been decent, but by and large the weather hasn't broken 80 but 5 times, and I ride a cold river. Unfortunately with 2 kids and a job, I didn't get to take advantage of those days, and thought this crap would break and it would be 90 "next week".

Now we're staring another week of sub 75 degree weather in the face.

Cry me a river!! Haha 2010 needs to have a bangin June and July to catch up please!!
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-17-2010, 9:38 AM Reply   
75 sounds pretty good right now. its been 50's and rain and snow for the last 2 weeks. but we did get out yesturday air was 68 water was 58.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-17-2010, 9:38 AM Reply   
LOL.

What?

75 and you're not riding?

Around here - we call your type "pussies"... If it's the water temp + air temp = 80 degrees, we're riding.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-17-2010, 10:31 AM Reply   
Yup, this weather blows. Its great for snowboarding but I am over the winter sports at this point. It rained here last night and this am, who says it never rains in SoCal. Who wrote that dumb song anyways? They need to be punched.
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       05-17-2010, 10:38 AM Reply   
I'm planning to ride the river sat, any idea of what the water temp is???
I'm guessing mid to upper 50's....
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-17-2010, 10:43 AM Reply   
I hear ya Corby. We've gotten a few days in, but the week night riding hasn't started yet. It's been blowing hard. If you're not out early, early AM, then it's howling. I can take the cold. I can't stand the wind and cold, though.

Jeff, with what we pay for property around here, the least we can get is some good weather. Ha, ha, ha. Isn't that why Cali is so expensive?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-17-2010, 10:57 AM Reply   
Yeah, I feel you guys...

Went out yesterday (Sunday), air temp ~75 and water ~80. Intermittent storms, every two hours or so and we basically had the lake to ourselves.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-17-2010, 11:01 AM Reply   
The cold doesn't bother me. It's the $$$$ trees and logs that have been floating downstream for the last 3 weeks that piss me off.
Old     (jpods22)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-17-2010, 11:22 AM Reply   
i have been riding in 55 degree weather with maybe 40 degree water in detroit area. full body wetsuit and not being a puss is how i manage
Old     (NuBu)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-17-2010, 11:44 AM Reply   
WOW I thought I was the only one. Weather here gets decent during the week and crappy on the weekend. Water temp has been in the 60's and air temp low 70's and throw in overcast days and 30mph winds, some rain and the occasional tornado that blows away the entire freakin lake that you ride at and you have the story of my 2010 season. Add on the fact that we bought a totally awesome boat (my opinion of course) and we're going nuts to use it. I have been going out of my mind to get on the water. Yes we have been out a few times because we're not going to let these minor inconveniences deter us but it's still not the same.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-17-2010, 12:16 PM Reply   
Air is 85-92 water is 82-86

The wind will not stop, not stop , not stop, not stop, not stop, not stop, not stop, not stop, not stop, not stop blowing.

No butter, no where. Gonna start surfing.
Old    ScottRobinson            05-17-2010, 12:19 PM Reply   
At least you ahve 85 and 82.... Indiana is 45 degrees today. May 17th and still no 80s stupid Indiana Weather. Most years we are out 5-8 times by now and somewhat warm. Water is always chilly but doable, hell water now is so unbearable we can't. I HATE INDIANA!! Better be a HOT JUNE JULY AUGUST SEPT.
Old     (lasvegaswakeboarding)      Join Date: May 2007       05-17-2010, 6:30 PM Reply   
Weather in Vegas blows too! its not temp but the wind wont stop blowing here.. Its been constantly 20+ mph winds and it seems as if its not going to stop. But luckily we can ride mostly year round here. I know josh from Utah always yells at us for not riding in December.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-17-2010, 6:39 PM Reply   
when its to cold go south . you don't even need to bring your boat. they have cable parks in socal, texas and florida. open year round.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-17-2010, 7:51 PM Reply   
I rode the river Sat and Sunday and trunk-ed it, The few times before that was 2/2 heater top.

Sat was $$$$$$$$$$$
Sun we had to hunt a little bit for good water but found it still !

The water is probably getting to upper 60's I would think ? It was not bad at all really.
Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-17-2010, 8:57 PM Reply   
Easy Jeff.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-18-2010, 12:21 AM Reply   
Don't even try saying we brought the weather from Washington with us now that we have transfered back! WE are hitting a house boat trip this weekend and not to excited about the weather either! I will ride because it is still warmer than what we had up north. But man we are really having the hot summer days withdraws!

Heads up we will be moved to Elk Grove at the end of the month..
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       05-18-2010, 11:39 AM Reply   
WTF up with this weather? Last year this time wewere in the 80-90 deg in the sac area. More rain forecasted for this weekend!! The ski resorts may as well open back up..i ain't no "puss" I'll ride regardless but I can't say the same about my crew!!!LOL!
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-18-2010, 12:37 PM Reply   
Looks like we got all the hot weather in Western Canada! it's been 80's for the last week with 54* water temp! What a shock to the body when jumping in. It was 85 on Sunday and I still had to wear a 3/2 full suit. Where I live is around 400 miles north of the Canada/US border. So sorry to all you residents of the US of A, looks like we're getting blessed with the early season weather.
Old     (blaine4oh5)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-18-2010, 1:09 PM Reply   
My home lake has been nothing but butter the last 3 days and we cant ride cause a tornado put the marina in the middle of the lake and sunk a bunch of boats. It kills me to drive by it and see how smooth the water is and not be able to ride.
Old     (NuBu)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-19-2010, 8:36 AM Reply   
So true Blaine, I'm in the same area and it does suck. On the weekends we make the short trip to Arbuckle. I'm in Norman too and I can go from my driveway to on the water at Arbuckle in one hour. It has put quite a damper on our mid-week evening trips out to the lake though. Still not sure what the plan is for T-Bird and Memorial weekend. I read today that they are expecting to announce later today if they are going to open some of the boats ramps or not. Keep your fingers crossed.
Old     (blaine4oh5)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-19-2010, 12:51 PM Reply   
I hope they open it soon. If not ill probably have to start going out to shawnee lake. And its not vey good. Steve my fingers are crossed as tight as i can get them.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-19-2010, 1:49 PM Reply   
not too shabby yesterday.
Attached Images

Old     (goatboy)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-20-2010, 10:07 AM Reply   
Wow, you guys in the states have it real hard...
there is only about 2 months a year where it gets over 75 degrees here in the UK!
50 degrees is about the right temperature to start riding at....