Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-12-2012, 11:00 AM Reply   
What is everyone seeing at the local boat show? I went to the St. Louis one last night and I believe it probably had the most exhibitors since at least 2009 or '10. Seems like there was way more traffic this year than last year, but it is still about 1/2 the size it was back around '06 or '07.

I was really disappointed by the ski/wake boat selection. Outside of Stateamind (Malibu/Tige) which does an exceptional job, there were 6 other wake boats, 3 Nautique and 3 MC, both from dealers that are more worried about selling Cobalt, SeaRay, etc. than they are about ski/wake boats.

I do want to say Stateamind did a great job and looks like it was paying off for them as the area was very busy.

What's everyone else seeing, any sign of it getting better in your area?
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-12-2012, 12:18 PM Reply   
Went to the Cincy show. Not as good as it was a few years ago...not a single closed bow boat to be found either. Tons of pontoons, and also a large selection of open bow stuff.

Inboard wise, several Malibu's (MXZ, VLX, 247, TXI, and a couple others), couple Axis boats. 3 or 4 Nautiques . I think there were 5 Mastercraft boats - including an X55. Moomba had 3 or 4 boats there, and a single 24' Supra. No one near Ohio seems to sell the small brands (Supreme, MB, Sanger, Epic, etc.) so of course they weren't there. I've never seen a Tigé locally, and it seems their dealers are a couple states away in all directions. Centurion seems to be the same deal, except I have seen a newer one locally before.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-12-2012, 12:44 PM Reply   
Seattle boat show was pretty good

Mastercraft had probably 6 or 7 boats. X45, X35, X55, X2, X25, X30, x7/197, don't think they had a 214 or 214v
Malibu had 5 or 6 although the dealer is a Cobalt dealer as well and don't really know much about wakeboats. They have been a Cobalt dealer for a long time and that is their bread and butter. I think I heards once they are the biggest Cobalt dealer in the world but could be wrong. This dealer is also the Axis dealer but I am not sure they even had one there. This dealer really should be selling tournament boats in my opinion.
Nautique had 7 or 8 boats. 230, 210, a couple sport nautique v's, a closed bow 200, an open bow 200 and maybe one or 2 more.
Supra had 3(24, 22 and 21) the same dealer has moomba and they had an lsv, outback v and mojo. I don't think they had an XLV.
Tige had 6 or 7 boats. I can't believe how expensive they are. They are not far behind MAlibu, Nautique or MAstercraft price wise.
Centurion-not represented. We don't have a real dealer in seattle right now. the inland Surfer guys are the dealer but I don't think they stock anything or really have a store front even. They just do custom orders or sell their demo boats. They decided to just do an open house at Bake's a week or 2 before the show. Bake's is their pseudo store front.
MB had 3 or so boats I think. Probably a 21TWB, 21 tomcat and 23 TWB. sounds like they had a good show.
Sanger had 1 although it was a leftover 2011 and I not sure they are even going to be keep being a sanger dealer.
Epic-not there as far as I saw
Supreme-Not there either

Traffic seemed pretty good at the show.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-12-2012, 12:54 PM Reply   
ohio use to have a great show at the ix center, but it has been going backwards over the years, i am in pgh and they use to have a great boat show about 7 yrs ago, it is now all about gutter covers, popcorn stands, knock of coach purses and 6yr old leftovers that they still want full pop for. They moved it now to a realy small expo center and usually only have 2 or 3 vdrives if any. Thats great that you guys have good presence. I wish our shows would pick up again. funny thing is our county is in the top 5 in the country for boat registration.
Old     (Paul)      Join Date: May 2011       02-12-2012, 9:12 PM Reply   
Just got back from the Los Angeles one, was a pretty nice show, my only complaint was the traffic...it appears that something called the Grammys are tonight at LA Live which is right next to the boat show, how dare they schedule those on the same day as the boat show.

There were a lot of pontoons and runabouts, as well as a few of the go fast boats, which are always cool to see.

But as far as inboards are concerned:

Mastercraft: had the X25, X35, X45, and X55 (Was hoping to see the prototype star, and the new X30, but there probably aren't enough to go around to all the boat shows)
Nautique: Had the SAN 210, 230 the sport 200, and the sport 220(?),
Malibu: Had the new MXZ, which I must say surpassed my expectations, this boat is sick! As well as the 247, and a VLX.
Axis: A20, A22
Centurion: Enzo 244, 211
Tige: RZR, RZ2, RZ4, R20, Z3
Moomba: Outback V, Mobius LSV, Mojo 2.5
MB: 21 B52, F21 Tomcat, 23 B52
Sanger: V210, V230

Overall it was a really good show, as all of the major brands had their flagship wake boats out, and all of these boats are freaking incredible. All that going to the boat show showed me was that I've got some serious test driving to do before I decide on which one to get, because on the floor of the convention center these things look pretty good.

As far as price there are 3 categories for me:

Super High: Nautique, MC, Malibu
Pretty High: Tige, Centurion
Almost Reasonable: Sanger, MB, Axis
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-15-2012, 4:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Just got back from the Los Angeles one, .....
Sanger: V210, V230
Really they displayed a 210 & 230? Two boats designed in the mid 90's leaving out the 215 and 237 which were developed in 04 and 08....
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-13-2012, 6:08 AM Reply   
where's that "this thread is worthless without pics" graphic when you need it?
Old     (Chuch)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-13-2012, 6:18 AM Reply   
Ours here in Virginia Beach was the worst I have seen. I was pretty dissapointed for sure.

The Mastercraft dealer didnt show at all.
Malibu dealer brought a Vandall Edition Axis, and a 21 foot Vride
Centurion - new dealer brought the 21 foot enzo and an Elite V
Moomba - dont know what it was, but it looked to be 2 years or older
Epic - Adam Fields showed up with his new boat

There were loooooots of family inboard outboards with towers. Even the big Sea Rays are adding pull points to their arches and what not. Pretty crazy. We are in a fishing haven, so plenty of fishing boats are still selling for these guys. I was REALLY surprised at the amount of pontoons there considering our location. A few of them were over 80K!
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-13-2012, 6:29 AM Reply   
Miami show this week. I am going Friday.
Although it is one of if not the largest boat show in the country the water sports boat selection leaves little to be desired.
We will see a huge flashy Mastercraft display with Lamborghini's and professional models and lots of flash.
Miami Nautique will be outside in the tent and have some gear.
A few years ago there was a tank and winch demo going but I haven't seen that in a long time.
That is about it. Aside from jets and stern drives with towers and racks, no other tow boats will be represented.
It should be noted that while M/C is hustling the big money boys inside the convention center,( I am talking Oil princes) Miami Nautique brings a tent full of gear, maybe three or four boats and a bunch of riding pros. They really do a nice job. Love that shop.
On the brighter side I have been invited to sea trial and review the Seven Marine outboard engines on a 370 intrepid. In case you didn't know these are 557hp outboards. It should be a fun ride, even if I do have to write a review..
Link:>> http://www.seven-marine.com/

This should be fun. Ill post up some pics next week.
Old     (ridemarktwain)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-13-2012, 7:04 AM Reply   
Nick, I was at the STL show yesturday, and I agree. Very week showing of inboard boats. I did however enjoy talking with the Tige sales rep (Bill) and the Ronix sales rep (Grant). It appeared I/Os out numbered inboards 10/1.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-13-2012, 7:33 AM Reply   
Dallas Boat Show this weekend seemed good. There was allot more foot traffic this year than I can remember in the past 5 or 6.
Inboards that I remember....

Buxton Marine SAN 230, 210, Sport 200, 226
Texas Master Craft x25, x30, x2, and more i do not remember MB TC 21, TWB 23
What I really thought was funny this year was my wife's response to the X25. She loved the boat that was at the show "black and orange exterior" until she saw the tower and said it looks like robo cop's leg. I don't care if the boat trailers it self I would not own that.

Eagle Marine Tige 3-4 RZ2 , 2 RZR, RZ4, Z1, Z3 really nice display.
Water Ski America Axis A22, Malibu VLX, MXZ, Ride 21, LSV, TXI I think
Dallas Ski Boats 24ssv, 22ssv, 21ssv, Mojo
Epic 23v the one from the Epic thread with the led gel coat.
Supreme don't know the model first one I have ever seen.

No Centurion or Sanger this year. I personally really like being able to see all the boats back to back to compare. The Tige's are really nice loved the freeboard or deep seating. The Mailbu's were really nice I like the ride 21. And the Mb TWB 23 was great. As a comparison The TWB 23 and the Mojo had the same boat show pricing. IMO the MB was a way nicer boat inside and out.
Old     (bzubke1)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-25-2012, 7:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyBunch View Post
The TWB 23 and the Mojo had the same boat show pricing. IMO the MB was a way nicer boat inside and out.
I will agree that the TWB 23 seems like a nicer boat but they are not the same price. The mojo included trailer and options. The MB did not, the trailer is an extra $5500 on top of the sticker price. I don't know why dealers do that it really turned us away from purchasing an MB.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-27-2012, 7:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
The mojo included trailer and options. The MB did not, the trailer is an extra $5500 on top of the sticker price. I don't know why dealers do that it really turned us away from purchasing an MB.

Brandon good catch I did not notice that on the stickers. I noticed the TC was a few grand cheaper than what I had TXMC quote but I just wrote it off as a boat show special of some sort. That is pretty shady to not include the trailer.
Old     (bzubke1)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-27-2012, 9:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyBunch View Post
Brandon good catch I did not notice that on the stickers. I noticed the TC was a few grand cheaper than what I had TXMC quote but I just wrote it off as a boat show special of some sort. That is pretty shady to not include the trailer.
Yeah thats exactly what we thought. We saw the 49,900 price tag but with the trailer and options it was like 57k. We were pretty set on an f21 but we ordered a Supra 21v for the same price plus some options.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-13-2012, 9:39 AM Reply   
Was at the Vancouver boat show. Was kinda disappointed. They had all the usual dealers and the local nautique dealer has also take on MB so it was nice to look at those. My friends and I have been going down for the Seattle show for the last few years and it's quite a bit better then the Vancouver show. There was only one booth for wake related gear. Next year I will be heading back to Seattle's.
Old     (fuzzball147)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-15-2012, 11:51 AM Reply   
The Indy show starts Friday, I'll probably head over on Sunday to try and help with some of the foot traffic. I will try to get some pictures to post as well.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-15-2012, 12:25 PM Reply   
Man, you guys are really lucky you actually got a show to go to! The Phoenix Show has been cancelled for the past 3 years. SUCKS!

Anyone know of shows between March 10th and 19th? Might try and make it out to one for spring break.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       02-15-2012, 3:58 PM Reply   
Tampa and Knoxville
Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-15-2012, 4:02 PM Reply   
dont come to oklahoma for a boat show. unless your looking for a glasstron, pontoon or some kind of fishing boat. oh yea if your looking for a new rv, then def. come to the oklahoma boat show.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-16-2012, 10:29 PM Reply   
Here is our rundown and photo gallery from the L.A. Boat Show...

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/feature/la-boat-show.html
Old     (fuzzball147)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-25-2012, 6:51 AM Reply   
OK, I know it's a little late but I've been busy. Indy's boat show was very good this year, I'm not sure why the sudden upswing, and the dealer's I talked to were selling a lot of boats. I did my best with the pictures but there were a LOT of people there. I saw some awesome boats, although I almost choked at some of the prices. No Mastercraft pictures, sorry, they were in a weird place and it made it really hard to get pictures. (and to be 100% honest, I think the new designs are ugly. It's like billet and aluminum threw up in them, but I did try) The new MOJO is different, I'm not sure if I like it but Moomba did some nice things with it.
Attached Images

Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-25-2012, 8:40 AM Reply   
MB is a much nicer boat than the mojo though IMO better ballast system, wake and storage. I also think its much better looking as well.
Old     (bzubke1)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-27-2012, 9:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder86 View Post
MB is a much nicer boat than the mojo though IMO better ballast system, wake and storage. I also think its much better looking as well.
Will definitely agree with all that but if you compare the prices of the 23TWB and the mojo. The mojo was going for I think 53k and the 23twb was 60k plus 5500 for the trailer so about a 12,500 difference.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-27-2012, 10:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Will definitely agree with all that but if you compare the prices of the 23TWB and the mojo. The mojo was going for I think 53k and the 23twb was 60k plus 5500 for the trailer so about a 12,500 difference.
I am not sure what the base price on the Mojo was but the one at the show was listed for 59,999 or something withing the 59 range and the TWB was listed for 59,900 with no trailer. I know I saw the price on the Mojo correctly because it startled me when I saw it and I did a double take on it. Thats why I made that comparison originally.

Congrats on the 21v. If you use DSB for service make friends with Brandon he is really great to work with.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-25-2012, 6:57 PM Reply   
Went to the Richmond VA. Boat show last week and the Greensboro N C boat show this weekend.Richmond had Centurion,Malibu,Axis,Moomba and Adam Fields was there with his Epic.At the Greensboro show they had Centurion,Axis,Malibu,Moomba,MB and Tige. Funny but no Mastercraft or Nautique at either show.Supra wasn't represented either.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-25-2012, 7:13 PM Reply   
sorry. that orange axis may make me puke.
Old     (fuzzball147)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-26-2012, 10:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
sorry. that orange axis may make me puke.

And the dealer told me they sold it within hours of opening...
Old     (matt75)      Join Date: Nov 2010       02-26-2012, 3:11 PM Reply   
IMO...the Axis looks pretty sweet.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-26-2012, 6:47 PM Reply   
The Axis "Pontiac Aztec" styling is not for me.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-26-2012, 11:06 PM Reply   
I like the Axis too. The Mojo is a nice boat too.
Old     (computergenius)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-27-2012, 7:24 AM Reply   
When is the boat shown here on the ok'd river
Old     (computergenius)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-27-2012, 7:25 AM Reply   
Okc
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-27-2012, 7:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by computergenius View Post
Okc

I am afraid you missed it until the summer. But personally is was not a good one.

http://www.okcboats.com/
Old     (bzubke1)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-27-2012, 10:50 AM Reply   
I'm not sure where I got the 53k from thats my bad but I was in the showroom picking colors on the 21v and they had one in there for 56k and some change this number I am sure of so I guess it's actually $9,500 but still almost 10k is quite a difference.

We do know brandon and his brother justin they are awesome.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-28-2012, 7:31 AM Reply   
When are the graphics gonna change on these boats...seems like the last 5-10 years have been littered with skulls, stars, old english "style" lettering, and evil peroketes, lol. ( nautique). The color schemes are changing for the better...but the graphics need some updating.
Old     (bzubke1)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-28-2012, 7:36 AM Reply   
I'd rather have no graphics and just a logo kind of like what supra, malibu and m/c are doing. I gotta say though that orange nautique with the orange trailer wheels is pretty sick.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-28-2012, 8:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
I'd rather have no graphics and just a logo kind of like what supra, malibu and m/c are doing. I gotta say though that orange nautique with the orange trailer wheels is pretty sick.
Brandon

I thought the same thing and had Brandon put on the new supra logo on my 08. I always hated that tribal supra logo from the day we bought it. Next to go are the old style supra letters and 22ssv.
Attached Images

Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-28-2012, 7:58 AM Reply   
Went to the Indy boat show as well.....The N3 guys (Mark and his staff) put on an awesome show. Those boats are just plain awesome and they do it big there. Show was great. I really liked the MOJO as well and talked to them about that new motor they won some awards for. I guess it is an oversign oil pan so when surfing it does better inside the engine to produce more torque? Not an engine guy so really don't know what it means but to win an award for something inovative is cool. Loved the 242 Supra boat.....anyone have one?
Old     (bzubke1)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-28-2012, 8:36 AM Reply   
That looks really good!
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       02-28-2012, 8:45 AM Reply   
Here are some pictures I took from the Cinci boat show.

Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-28-2012, 8:47 AM Reply   
I think it was a major improvement. The boat still looks funny without the z5 I have become very accustomed to having it on the boat.

Brandon start a new thread and post up some pics of your new boat.
Old     (bzubke1)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-28-2012, 1:09 PM Reply   
I will for sure when it's done but it's gonna be a while yet. The build date isn't even until March 27th!
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-28-2012, 4:28 PM Reply   
I agree about the crazy graphics.... except for nautique's bird thing. I like it. I like how it goes up into the window, think it looks good. The interior of the nautiques hurt my eyes... carpet is crazy busy and the interior is very square and sharp lines, looks hard and uncomfortable, even though it is very comfortable. The outside of the boat, bow, rear, tower, and winshield are are round lines, curvy, so the interior messes that look up, imo. Love the green 210 and would not kick her out of bed for eating crackers...
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-28-2012, 4:29 PM Reply   
oh and Mark, new "supra" logo on the 08 looks really good.
Old     (Texan)      Join Date: May 2011       02-29-2012, 5:56 AM Reply   
That white Nautique is sick, hate that carpet though, I'd have that Teak flooring in there.