Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (mpayette)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-16-2004, 9:07 PM Reply   
I have a super boat, love it but I seem to lack experience in putting weight in my boat

I have the native ballast system from Nautiques and don't have fat bags nor leadz...

When I try to jump the wake seems perfect but drops when I have on the wake (ballast full, 3 person in the boat)

Or when I am in the boat driving, I see a great wave on one side and white wash on the other.

Pretty sure I lack experience ;)

I need some help ;)
Old    tclagggym            09-16-2004, 9:35 PM Reply   
Martin, You are either going to slow or your weight side to side is off balance.
Old     (mpayette)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-17-2004, 12:25 AM Reply   
Him Tim, what do you mean by off balance?
The ballast tank are full
no other dead weight in the boat
even if my gilfriend and her daughter is in the boat I have the same result...

Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-17-2004, 4:56 AM Reply   
Even with just factory ballast your weight could be off balance. Just shift some weight to the side that is washing over. You'll see it clean right up. Unless your driving to slow.
Old     (mpayette)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-17-2004, 10:05 AM Reply   
I think I will buy some leadz and play with them instead of moving people in the boat.

When I read the forum, everybody seems to have leadz or fatsacks even with ballast tank

it must be the way to go
Old    ricktrav            09-17-2004, 12:03 PM Reply   
if your pulling a rider it's normal if the wake crumbles on one side while they are cutting out on the otherside. if the rider isstraight behind the boat the wake should be fine. if your wake looks bad when driving in a straight line then it the balance from the people inside. i'm always having people move around to get the best wake shape possible. sometimes it only takes one person moving 6inches to get the wake perfect.HTH
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-17-2004, 12:04 PM Reply   
Nautiques are notorious for being very touchy when it comes to side to side weighting. Literally sliding six inches to the left will cause it to tilt a bit. Also when cutting the rider pulls the boat & momentarily causes wash on the opposite side. Try adding some weight & thinking about keeping it balanced side to side. If you notice a little wash on one side, shuffle a little weight to that side & retry. Don't forget to throw some weight in the bow, it helps to plane quicker & sink the whole hull.
Old     (mpayette)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-18-2004, 4:24 PM Reply   
understood ;)

So I will by myself Leadz and put my big 240lbs buddy on the move in the boat ;)