Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-11-2010, 3:04 PM Reply   
This guy has the life.

http://sports.espn.go.com/action/fmx...ory?id=5792763

I might actually watch Nascar now. lol I'm sure the sport is counting on millions of Pastrana fans tuing in.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-11-2010, 10:49 PM Reply   
Looks like I am going to start watchin me some Nascar.......going to be tough to break into this sport but I am gonna watch.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-12-2010, 8:37 AM Reply   
Saw that this morning. If Nascar would let him act like himself behind the wheel, it would be awesome. The sport definitely needs something, because it's gotten really lame. Back in the day when Big E and that crowd raced, that was something to watch.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-12-2010, 10:34 AM Reply   
interesting he isn't on the Red Bull squad though. I thought they owned him...
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       11-12-2010, 1:56 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9vJjPOqlaI
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-12-2010, 3:08 PM Reply   
Maybe they're just staying away from the Nascar thing. His site is still branded RB, heavily.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-12-2010, 3:53 PM Reply   
The Sprint Cup Redbull team has really stepped it up for next year. They should be in the mix making some noise for sure. Depending how Pastrana does maybe they'll move him up to the big leagues eventually and give him a ride. Will be cool to see how he does, imagine he'll have to tone it down a bit behind the wheel. Espically with all the Sprint Cup stars that race in that series. Cant see them taking much crap from him. He's not the first mxer to step into the Nascar series.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-12-2010, 8:15 PM Reply   
great. does this mean nascar is going to be in the x-games now?
that dude is crazy. i hope he finds success there too. I just hope it does not translate to x-games.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-13-2010, 8:48 AM Reply   
Nascar always seemed so well orchestrated to me. I definantly think TP will bring a different dimension to the sport as well orchestarted is definantly not his style.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-14-2010, 10:44 AM Reply   
Haha, yeah I dont think NASCAR quite qualifies for the X-Games. Congrats to Pastrana, I'm sure he'll kill it. I'm still not going to watch it though. For me, NASCAR ranks up there with baseball and watching paint dry. Cant even watch Formula 1, and they turn right.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-14-2010, 7:35 PM Reply   
Thanks for ushering motorsports back into my life. I will watch it for him. The guy has ruled everything he has touched. The guy is the every guy type that can do what we can't. If you can find a reason to not like this guy, you must be crusty, redneck NASCAR guy hoping he doesn't beat whatever number you are chasing on the TV
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-15-2010, 10:48 AM Reply   
The transition to rally racing shouldn't have been that easy but for him it was. The kid is just super human when it comes to driving any sort of vehicle. You know one thing, no one is going to intimidate him and he definitely isn't going to be afraid to crash. The first year will be a transition but the second year wouldn't surprise me if he became a top racer.