Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (rugdr)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-15-2008, 1:49 PM Reply   
Hello everyone. I just picked up an 08 210 Super Air and I absolutely love the boat, but I do have one question about the gel on it. I have used the search function but I want a little further explanation on something. The boat looks great, as it is solid black in color, but in direct sunlight or under fluorescent lights (i know shows everything) you can see the light haze where the factory buffed the boat before it left. My question is, can I just use a light polish like Meguires Boat Polish with a good dual action polisher to get rid of the haze or better yet what do I need to use? I don't want to use anything aggressive at all because it is seriously not bad, it is just that light haze in direct light. Will a good coat of wax fill it in and get rid of it or what can anyone suggest. Any help is appreciated!
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       05-15-2008, 2:32 PM Reply   
it may actually be the product used to protect the gel.

I'd give it a polish and a wax and see what happens..... it'd be a good idea to keep a good layer of wax on that boat at all times anyway to keep the black looking great - as you already know its not easy to keep a black boat looking 100% but its worth it!
Old     (rugdr)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-16-2008, 11:58 AM Reply   
Thanks Brit. Anyone else with advice?
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-16-2008, 8:59 PM Reply   
could be a bad batch of gel. this does happen more than any boat company likes to admit. or it could be just a bad buff and wax job. have it redone and keep an eye on that area if it fades right back in same spot you have a bad gel area.

(Message edited by kko13 on May 16, 2008)