Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-02-2008, 7:11 AM Reply   
Anyone know if it is at all possible to get Thumb Screws for the 08 LF bindings? I've noticed one thing about the new bindings, the adjustments just plain suck compared to my old hyperlites. I'll take the comfort of the Watson's over my old Temets though.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-02-2008, 7:18 AM Reply   
What the hell would you want a Thumb screw for? They are the worst thing ever to happen to bindings. I would just rock some #3 1/4-20s in them then buy like 3 big azz #3 screw drivers and your set!
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-02-2008, 8:38 AM Reply   
get some cams
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-02-2008, 8:52 AM Reply   
Cams suck! They're cool while they're new, but they eventually break. It will happen on the water, with no #3s around!

David I actually have some thumb screw if you want them!
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-02-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
I also hate the thumbscrews on my Alpha's. They always come loose, and it was a PITA to get them adjusted on my CWB board.
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       09-02-2008, 9:29 AM Reply   
Just my 2 cents, thumb screws are an accident waiting to happen. The top ripped completely off of one of mine, I was very lucky that I didn't get hurt when I fell! I found regular screws seemed to reduce heel/toe lift on the bindings as well because they can be tightened down more.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-02-2008, 12:17 PM Reply   
these are all just the problems I have found while trying to get my stance dialed in on my new setup. Once that is all set though, the standard bolts are fine.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-02-2008, 1:05 PM Reply   
Must be bad luck. I have never broken a set of cams and I have been running LF decks for many years.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-02-2008, 3:16 PM Reply   
If I need adjustments I just take it to my local shop. I guess if you have a cordless drill and the correct screwdriver bit it would be real easy. They are pretty tough to do w/ a hand screwdriver imo.