Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-25-2008, 6:10 PM Reply   
i hear these boards have a slider warranty and are flex boards like the slingshots? if they are i'm definitely interested in getting one....someone lemme know where i can find em! (proboardshop/the house are sold out)
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-25-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
I think I am going to pick one up in the off season. Haven't seen many around in the stores. Seems like O'brien was slow to the shelves with some of their product this year. For the price, they could really build up a following with these boards if they were more accessible (R5 and Local). There are plenty of people out their like me who have a conventional board but want to try out some of the different ideas. I have a Fish and had a Roam (busted it) and now I want a flex style board to add to my quiver.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-25-2008, 6:43 PM Reply   
i love flex boards for the cable, but I'll be damned if I keep breaking them. really interested in picking this one up though, especially since it's not as pricey as the others.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-26-2008, 5:42 AM Reply   
still looking....
Old     (ziggen)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-26-2008, 7:32 AM Reply   
I've only seen them at the house and one other online site (forget the name, sorry.) They were back ordered at both places last time I checked.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-26-2008, 7:47 AM Reply   
www.the-house.com

They should have some in soon. I know they are taking orders on the.

I can tell you that board is TOTALLY BAD A$$. I ride the R5 all the time super fun to jib on and ride the wake on!
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-26-2008, 8:01 AM Reply   
andy....is it true that the local has a slider warranty?
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-26-2008, 8:06 AM Reply   
andy is correct...the local is badass...you can just load the tail and snap right off the wake, good times
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-26-2008, 9:29 AM Reply   
JD -

Yes the Locan and the R5 both have FULL Slider warranties on them. I dont understand why other companies have not followed suit. Why make a board ofr jibbing and then not cover that in your warranty?
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-26-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
sweet. i'm really close to ordering one.....seems like a great deal.