Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-17-2003, 11:46 AM Reply   
Well? anyone got any opinions. I have a premier03 but a friend is thinking of upgrading to a Parks.

Whats everyones opinions of the two, for spinning, pop, inverts etc.
Old    boofhead            11-17-2003, 12:18 PM Reply   
i think your mate should defo get the parks as the premier is crap ...
Old    wakeboard_iraq            11-17-2003, 12:34 PM Reply   
I own both and ride the Parks now more than the Premier. The premier is easier to ride and more forgiving in a lot of situations. It has a smoother pop off of the wake wich is essential for beginner/intermediate. I still have problems with the pop of the Parks.

The parks is a lot faster and tracks a lot better - I chose to buy one for a couple of reasons: Parks has a center spine which means landings are a little softer, Parks tracks better which helps me with riding switch.

I have changed the 1.3 fins to 1.1-inch fins which makes it a little more forgiving (like the premier).

Overall - I am liking the Parks more than my Premier although there was a significant "break in" time and by that I mean ME not the board.
Old    boofhead            11-17-2003, 1:03 PM Reply   
Just in case anyone deeply cares about the priemer let me explain, iam the mate harry's on about who is thinking of getting the parks. I rode it today and loved it - usually ride a motive so it was worlds apart. Have to agree about it being twitchy though i found the landings really smooth, and the edge hold and pop really sweet. Iam gonna have to ride harrys priemer so then i'll know for sure, but at the moment iam sold on the parks.
Old    wakeboardjo            11-18-2003, 11:21 AM Reply   
If your coming from a motive you will probably like the premier better. I switched from a motive and love my Premier, the Parks feels really good when tracking because it is so aggressive, a lot of fun to mess around on, but the pop is really hard to get down; of course now that I said that you will probably be 15 feet in the flats everytime
Old     (gbphantom)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-18-2003, 3:50 PM Reply   
I had a Parks and I absolutely hated it. I only rode it with the 1.3's on there and I usually like a looser board but I would have to say make sure you or your buddy ride the board before you get it. If you like a board that hooks up maybe you'll like it but if not I would probably stay away.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            11-18-2003, 4:35 PM Reply   
I agree with Corey about the board hooking up a little too much. I rode my Premier finless which made it slide all over the place but I liked it. I have found a great happy medium by putting 1.1 inch fins on it in place of the 1.3's. They really made a difference.
Old    crash_and_burn            11-20-2003, 8:24 AM Reply   
My son switched from a premier to a Parks. At 1st it sucked. I got the 1.1 fins. This helped major. Here's what sold me on a parks vrs a premier.. Kevin, my son (he's 10) rides with another 11 year old who has a premier. They ride double qiuite a bit. Watching both boards travel on the water you can see a big difference in the way the parks board tracks, pops off the wake and handles. It is more crisp on its edge. As for the premier, both kids do blind 180's on the flats. The premier is MUCH more foregiving and easier to turn. the parks board requires more of an olly off an edge to land the 180. Looking at a slide in the flats will also give you a very good example of where the boards center or rock is The parks board seems to "hold" better as where the premier tends to roll back and forth(while on a slide.) Not that that is bad, depending on what u want to do. In comming off the wake the premier tends to be less ridged and doesn't require as much "muscle in initate 180, or 360's.. To compare the same trick, the parks seems to give a bit more bounce up because of the way the board tracks into the wake but requires more of a physical commitment for the same trick. Anyway that my 2 cents. Good luck