Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-21-2012, 1:26 PM Reply   
Well, I got tired of sharing a cruiser, so I pulled the trigger on my first tow boat. Just a simple X1, left over from 2011. Still working out the typical new boat stuff, but so far I am impressed. I like simple, and this fits the bill. I will always be a Nautique guy, but I cannot touch a new Nautique for what I got this boat for. Hopefully now I can ride more than four times a year...
Attached Images

Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-21-2012, 1:27 PM Reply   
Congrats!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-21-2012, 2:52 PM Reply   
Very nice. Congrats to you!
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       08-21-2012, 3:01 PM Reply   
Very nice!! Love the color. The X1 is a classic boat as it was the original X-Star Enjoy..
Old     (miljack)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-21-2012, 7:15 PM Reply   
Congrats on the new boat, that X1 will throw a nice wake for sure. I guess we won't be seeing you much on PN from now on...
Let us know how you end up on ballast for this one, I've got a friend considering this hull as well.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-22-2012, 3:59 AM Reply   
Congrats on the new boat.Enjoy it more than 4 times a year.
Old     (dhill)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-22-2012, 7:07 AM Reply   
Congrats! No excuses for not progressing now
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-22-2012, 7:22 AM Reply   
Congrats Matt! Nice looking boat you got!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-22-2012, 7:25 AM Reply   
great boat! Congratulations!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-22-2012, 7:26 AM Reply   
Wow, looks great! Congrats on the new boat!
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-22-2012, 7:48 AM Reply   
You can't go wrong with that hull...simple or not she still throws out one of the best wakes period.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-22-2012, 8:52 AM Reply   
Looks great. When are you bringing it out?
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-23-2012, 8:21 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the nice comments. Hopefully I can get this thing on the water this weekend, unfortunately its a busy time with weddings and other stuff. Climbing around this thing for the past few days in the garage, I have been more and more impressed. I will update with more pictures on the water when I can.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-23-2012, 8:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
Thanks for all the nice comments. Hopefully I can get this thing on the water this weekend, unfortunately its a busy time with weddings and other stuff. Climbing around this thing for the past few days in the garage, I have been more and more impressed. I will update with more pictures on the water when I can.
Man I bet you're so disappointed you don't have digital touch screens and you have simple analog gauges!

Nice boat, like the colors
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-23-2012, 9:28 AM Reply   
Next investment PP Stargazer
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-23-2012, 10:23 AM Reply   
i just sold my x1 last weekend. was a great boat but we outgrew it and wanted something a little larger. congrats and enjoy it
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-23-2012, 10:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
Man I bet you're so disappointed you don't have digital touch screens and you have simple analog gauges!

Nice boat, like the colors
Haha, yea not a fan of the digital stuff. It looks sweet, but it's just not my preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snork View Post
Next investment PP Stargazer

Maybe at some point, but it has the Mastercraft speed control on it and that will do for now.
Old     (lavinder)      Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Gig Harbor, WA       08-23-2012, 1:14 PM Reply   
Nice boat!!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-23-2012, 1:23 PM Reply   
Sweet looking rig! I too enjoy the simple! Hate all the touch screen stuff. Like said above that boat/hull is a classic and if I may say so a "legend". Can't go wrong! Enjoy it!!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-25-2012, 9:13 PM Reply   
finally got to check it out on a screen I can see............That thing is sexy as hell........Great color combo. After spending the last week demoing boats, I still fall back in love with my 2000 Star every time i get back behind the wheel and behind the boat. It just feels like a wakeboat should. Dam MC for dropping its hull. It just fits oh so good.

Enjoy hit me up when you need a 3rd
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-25-2012, 10:25 PM Reply   
Looks awesome... Congrats. I know You have been shopping for quite a while. I remember we were both talking to a guy from Georgia I think 3 years ago about his nautique excel. Neither of us ended up with that tow boat. I still don't have one. It's your time and you snagged a great one. Enjoy!!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-26-2012, 12:38 PM Reply   
STOKED!!! I know the feeling of a new boat... Still love walking out front and seeing our boat. Congrats.!
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-27-2012, 6:56 AM Reply   
Hey, thanks again for all the positive feedback. Not too bad for a leftover boat apparently no one else wanted. I always love looking at boat pictures on this site (regardless of brand), so I added a few more from Saturday. I took it out on Lake Michigan since I am familiar with the area and boat with others there. It was a great day with relatively flat conditions. I spent most of the time getting my break-in hours done, but the wake looks great from what I saw. Swatguy and PLR, I will let you know the next time I get this thing out. I might skip next weekend because of the Labor Day rush...

(The old man's boat is next to the X1 in the second picture, I think he had more fun bouncing around on the "baby boat" all day )
Attached Images