Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-24-2009, 10:41 AM Reply   
today's poll was kinda biased because it wasn't specified when they were going big.
so the question is:
Who goes the biggest of
1)the double up
2)the wake
3)kickers

off the double up i'm gonna have to go with chad sharpe, the wake its a toss up between lyman and harris and off kickers i'm gonna say danny harf that 540 he did off the kicker in a video a while ago was HUGE.
Old     (mkrueger313)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-24-2009, 11:09 AM Reply   
Dean Smith is way underrated he goes bigger than anyone else on that list IMO
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-24-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
I'm surprised that Lyman gets as much hype for going big as Randall does. Lyman does go big at times, but he did a demo at our local comp and did everything w2w. I have never seen Randall take even one trick w2w and that is what sets him apart IMO.
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-24-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
Lyman is only riding wake to wake right now because he is still recovering from blowing out his knee. He says he absolutely hates riding wake to wake. For those who saw Chad Sharpes first hand, they saw Dean Smith throw the biggest 540 off Sharpes kicker ive ever seen. Sure he didnt land it, but I dont know who could have. That 5 that Danny threw off the kicker was pretty big too though
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-24-2009, 11:54 AM Reply   
What about Parks? Ive seen him go bigger than all of em. I know he hasnt rode in comps in a while but neither has Shapiro.
Old     (raftisland)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-24-2009, 11:57 AM Reply   
1. double up- hard to say so many absolutely boost.
2. the wake- Randall
3. kickers- sharpe or smith
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-24-2009, 1:11 PM Reply   
hmmmmmm.....that is a strange poll.

Shapiro in his hayday went bigger than any one.

I had to vote for "OTHER" because I honestly think that my super under-rated homie Colin Ryan goes bigger than any one. I have seen everyone listed free ride in person with the exception of Dean Smith and Colin just goes bigger.
Old     (macanudo247)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-24-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
Mark Kenney
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-24-2009, 2:10 PM Reply   
i'm pretty sure at double or nothing a couple years ago chad sharpe went like 61 frames or something stupid which is the record that i know of.
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-24-2009, 2:22 PM Reply   
I agree with mk....dean smith goes HUGE! Not to take anything away from anyone else at all. But he flat GOES HUGE!
www.theliquidcircus.com Go to vids and check out Dean Smith set of the Week. You wont be dissapointed.
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-24-2009, 3:03 PM Reply   
I personally think Murray gets very over looked in the "who goes the biggest" contest. I have seen that guy take things WAY into the flats. He just has so much control it makes it look so easy.
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-24-2009, 3:21 PM Reply   
Here is an example...

Murray in Mid Krypt

Upload

Murray about to land...

Upload
Old     (hsryan33)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-24-2009, 3:42 PM Reply   
the thing about randall is he doesn't have any w2w tricks so its hard to judge it. every single trick he does, he chooses to land way out there and theres still alot of guys who cant do all thier tricks big. some guys listed above still do mobes w2w and randall hasn't done that for 8 years probably, i dunno.
Old     (eyedvride)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-24-2009, 3:44 PM Reply   
Dayum!
Old     (mckenna)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-24-2009, 3:44 PM Reply   
sharpe goes prett dam big imo

also head over to lymans blog... pic of him going massive riding with randall.

so assuming riding with randall is behind an axis.. should the small wake topic be revisited?
cause lyman is going huge!
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-24-2009, 4:39 PM Reply   
I think Rusty goes pretty big off the double up, Randall and Lyman off the wake, and off the kicker I would have to say Sharpe and Dean Smith.

There are a bunch of riders that have the ability to go that big, and some do at times. But I think that right now those are the guys that are really standing out.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-24-2009, 4:42 PM Reply   
PB went big enough back then to even secure a spot for now, and this was off of old school ski boats and less ballast than the riders have now.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-24-2009, 4:43 PM Reply   
Andy, I'm talking with my family in St. Paul.... trying to set up a trip. Hopefully I can come ride with you guys this summer and see what you're talking about.

As far as the poll....Dean Smith
Old     (tommmyd)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-24-2009, 5:09 PM Reply   
Watch that chad sharpe fuel tv episode and check out Dean going off that kicker too... Bigger than chad?

Dean goes huge.
Old     (chris_williams)      Join Date: May 2007       03-24-2009, 5:21 PM Reply   
Vandall for sure goes the biggest in any of those areas in my opinion. Once you've been in the boat or drivin his dubs, thats when you really realize how hard he cuts and how far he flys every single time. Ive seen alot of other riders ride too but none that send it like Randall.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-24-2009, 5:46 PM Reply   
Lyman is only riding wake to wake right now because he is still recovering from blowing out his knee.

--------------

WRONG. that is not true. he was on a webcam on stokemeter.com less then a week ago and said he isnt wearing a brace any more. he says his knee feels great
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-24-2009, 6:09 PM Reply   
I would like to be last on this list. Doesn't matter who goes the biggest to me all the riders are pretty decent.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-24-2009, 6:26 PM Reply   
J-Rod,

Get it on MAN! SOTA IS POPPING in the summer!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-24-2009, 6:51 PM Reply   
J-Rod bring your own fat sacks, Andy's X-Star is kind of weak J/K bro.
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-24-2009, 7:17 PM Reply   
Lyman may take some tricks w2w, but when he is going his biggest he can arguably go as big if not bigger (again debatable) as Randall

1. "doubleup" Chad Sharpe (has the record), Shaun Murray has the second biggest according to frame counting if I'm not mistaken
2. "flats" Randall Harris closely followed by Keith Lyman
3. "kicker" Parks closely followed by Dean Smith
Old     (westcoastripper)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-24-2009, 7:36 PM Reply   
Ya'll stupid, randy does 9's and 7's switch and regular grabbed into the flats and the same off the dub, and thats just 2 tricks. Find any other rider who does switch and regular bs 180's 20 feet into the flats grabbed then lets talk. Yea Dean and Keith go big, but nothing compared to Randy.
Old     (vlxwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-24-2009, 7:45 PM Reply   
That picture of Murray is ridiculous. I know part of it is the angle but wow. I would be nervous at those heights.
Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-24-2009, 8:04 PM Reply   
note to self...Randy says Andy's Star is a bit 'light', bring the 2 750s as extra luggage," hahahahaha
Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-24-2009, 8:04 PM Reply   
KIDDING
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-24-2009, 10:25 PM Reply   
http://tinyurl.com/dldxcr
Old     (jsquared)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-31-2009, 6:52 AM Reply   
Murrdog all the way. Come to the boarding school for further clarity. Also you might want to check out the double or nothing photos from last year to see shaun boot the double up as well.
Old     (michaelb)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-31-2009, 8:06 AM Reply   
W2W Shaun Murray (he goes up then slides right back like water.)

Double Up Rusty (the man Rarely hits any but the last time i saw him hit one was behind his boat and i thought he should have broken every bone in his feet.)

for Kickers Sharpe (I mean did you see he was shootin like 100+ feet on his first hand, i mean that takes some Kahunas to hit the kicker at 34 mph and stcik it.
Old     (dhv142)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-31-2009, 9:27 AM Reply   
i think that vandall goes the biggest on the wake and double up, same way with dean smith, but seriously look at chad sharpes firsthand and compare how far of a distance that sharpe goes comapred to dean. its a HUGE difference. also look on liquid circus and look at the 90 ft. kicker video
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-31-2009, 9:42 AM Reply   
"PB went big enough back then to even secure a spot for now, and this was off of old school ski boats and less ballast than the riders have now."
I rode behind Parks' X-Star in 01, and let me tell you, to this day I have not come close to riding a wake as big as it. I had the same 01 X-Star and we were running as much as we could to get the boat on plane which would take normally half the lake, and it was still smaller than Parks. Watch Shafted and check out the size of those triple ups and double ups. They are monsters.
Old     (steezin4noreason)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-31-2009, 9:44 AM Reply   
Lyman off the wake. He has been injured and going wake to wake for the last year but he is back on it now. I've seen everyone listed ride in person on multiple occasions including Colin Ryan. Lyman goes bigger. Kicker = Chad Sharp, that guy has a death wish. I think Randy goes biggest off the double up......Maybe in contention for that would be Colin Ryan.