Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (steveburger)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-31-2009, 2:29 PM Reply   
Can you mount bindings that aren't slingshot bindings to an older 07 slingshot board?
Old    dperizzolo            08-31-2009, 2:30 PM Reply   
probably some company bindings from 09, but you can pick up some ss drivers for pretty cheap.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-31-2009, 2:53 PM Reply   
I think you need to get a separate baseplate to be able to mount other bindings on a SS board from that year. from what I have heard, it takes quite a bit of the flex out of the board though.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-31-2009, 3:16 PM Reply   
I think the plate will allow SS bindings to go on other boards not the other way around though.
Old     (steveburger)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-31-2009, 3:37 PM Reply   
So basically I'm restricted to slingshot bindings with my 07 Response. That sucks.
I love the board but the bindings don't last very long. I bought them new in May.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-31-2009, 3:43 PM Reply   
steve - contact Kyle with SS. he posts on here frequently. he has taken care of me on a warranty issue I had with my fins. I have seen him take care of other guys with warranty issues.
Old     (steveburger)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-31-2009, 3:49 PM Reply   
Thanks train,
I just called SS and they can help me with fixing up the boots.
But as far as the board goes it will only take slingshot bindings. grrr.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-31-2009, 6:23 PM Reply   
sounds like a lot of work went into the 2010 boots. i heard they should be revealed in about a month. be sure to check them out, i know i will