Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-04-2009, 9:18 AM Reply   
sorry no vid. But I've been determined to do a raley so I've committed to try at least one every time I go out. I want to try more, but both times had the same result. No injury, thankfully, but both times I got kicked straight into a full rotation front flip. How do I fix it?
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-04-2009, 1:49 PM Reply   
sounds to me like you not lookin straight ahead at boat....if you lookin down when you pop its gonna send your body into a front flip
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-07-2009, 12:55 PM Reply   
yes, you need to make it a point to look at everyone watching you inside the boat. Think of it as everyone wants to see this trick, so you need to make sure you give them your full attention by looking at them back while doing the raley.

Hold on to that rope and fly!
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-08-2009, 2:25 AM Reply   
soooo...I know without video it's hard to tell exactly what I'm doin, but do you approach a front flip the same way you approach a raley? I thought maybe I was throwing it too hard or something instead of just letting it "trip" behind me. I'll try to keep my eyes on the tower. Goin on boat vacation so I got 5 solid days to learn it...
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-07-2009, 10:05 AM Reply   
I've found when I stand too tall during my cut into the wake, I do the same, take more of a seated position, same edge, then pop the same, standing tall at the wake and letting the board behind you.