Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    sprucie            04-27-2003, 10:13 PM Reply   
I removed the Accuski system from my X10 and installed PP. I have the GPS antenna and module. The depth module minus the sending unit. The sending unit was really glued to the boat so I could not remove it. I also have the ambient air and water temp module minus one of the two sensors. Lastly the wiring harness as well as the warning horn.

Ayone interestted in adding these features to their Accuski? Should I put it ebay?

Suggestions?
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       04-28-2003, 5:42 AM Reply   
I'm interested!
Email me.
Old     (davidgree1)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-02-2003, 1:01 PM Reply   
I have a Toyota with Accuski wakeboard edition.
Will it work on mine? I'll buy it if it does.
Old    sprucie            05-03-2003, 1:02 PM Reply   
David just waiting on a reply from Sandy. I'll email you if she passes it up.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-03-2003, 4:46 PM Reply   
If that chick Sandy doesn't want it and David declines, let me know!

Old    sprucie            05-04-2003, 2:01 PM Reply   
If I was a schmuck I would let you guys start a bidding war.

If the deal with Sandy falls thru for some reason I'll go to the next person on the list for the same price.

Fair enough?

(Message edited by sprucie on May 04, 2003)
Old     (davidgree1)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-04-2003, 7:10 PM Reply   
How much?
Old    sprucie            05-04-2003, 8:21 PM Reply   
David out of courtesy to Sandy if you like email her and she can tell you. I'm not trying to be secretive, I'm just being courteous.

If I don't hear back from her you'll be the first to know how much.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-04-2003, 9:04 PM Reply   
FYI -- I think that Sandy is a guy.
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       05-05-2003, 5:47 AM Reply   
Yup, I'm a dude. wait.
Yup. Definitely male! hehehe!

Sorry guys. This stuff is a welcome edition
to my lil Toyota. You know how much we all need
a GPS on the lake. 2500 acres is a lot of space
to get lost in.
Bruce, you should get my paypal stuff tonight.
Had to go to a wedding yesterday and didn't get home until very late last night.
Old     (davidgree1)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-05-2003, 6:36 AM Reply   
does the gps module work on a Toyota? Do you have to reprogram the computer? Will the cruise control work off the gps? I only wanted it for the accuski cruise control. A hand held gps works well for navigation but can't be hooked into the cruise.
Old    sprucie            05-05-2003, 4:32 PM Reply   
Sandy, sorry dude. When your email said sandy and debbie I just figured there were all sorts that wakeboard if you catch my drift. I'll check my paypal account tonight. I should be able to ship tomorrow in the AM.

David try this website. It should answer all your questions. Guy at Accuski can answer your questions as well. I'm definitely not the expert on this system. Sorry.

http://www.bwinstruments.com/Marine%20Product%20Group%20Menu.htm
Old    sub_zero            05-05-2003, 5:48 PM Reply   
Hey Bruce,

Just curious why you went from Accuski to PP?
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-05-2003, 8:35 PM Reply   
Sorry, Sandy. Couldn't resist. :-) If you need a MANS help hooking those modules up, let me know.
Old    sprucie            05-05-2003, 11:15 PM Reply   
Terry, The dealer could not get AS working. They got no support from MC in their defense. The AS install looked like a one time deal at the factory to test it out. Guy @ AS might have more info on that. Anyway my Fiance' was not happy with me since the AS was not working correctly. Apparently I'm not a good skiier and driving teacher.

Secondly it did not have a paddle wheel. Speedo and RPM only. I'm sure the paddle wheel version of AS works well. I wish PP had all the bells and whistles that AS has.

I can say though that AS uses an oversize model airplane servo to move the throttle linkage while PP uses an industrial stepper motor to move the linkage.

I am not trying to put AS down only answering your question.
Old    sub_zero            05-06-2003, 4:47 AM Reply   
Thanks Bruce,
I'm looking at getting a system and i think I found a good price on PP. Wakeboard Pro for $1299CND. About $850 USD. I agree with the bells and whistles, but think I will go with PP.

Thanks,
Terry
Old    sprucie            05-08-2003, 10:01 AM Reply   
Sandy sent you an email today.
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       05-08-2003, 12:34 PM Reply   
Got it.}