Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-29-2003, 12:45 PM Reply   
Does anyone have any experience with a wedge or wake plate for an I/O?? I have a 99 bayliner with some weight and some people the wake is pretty decent but i was wondering if a wedge would make it better or any different or if you can even put one on an I/O.

If so where can i get one up at??
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-29-2003, 1:18 PM Reply   
wedge plate will not mount below the drive at the transom and the same goes for a wake plate....even if it did you would experience some serious turbulence on your wake table from both drive and wedge? you might want to consider utilizing aftermarket adjustable trim tabs on both rear sides of hull in conjunction with drive trim?

or just scrap and buy a tige, malibu or supra, which already offer these options from the factory.........
Old     (ifishok)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-29-2003, 1:23 PM Reply   
This web site sells the Wedge for I/O's it's
http://www.gullable.com
good luck.
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-29-2003, 3:02 PM Reply   
Sid,

There are several reasons why a wedge won't work for and I/O or any other boat maker period. First off you can't even purchase on unless you have a Malibu HIN anyway. I've read on here folks w/ I/O's with other enhancement ideas.
Old    krug            04-30-2003, 9:14 PM Reply   
I think i can help, I rode behind an i/o for four years. the plate you need is called a cobra stabilizer they are very inexpensive. I had a 17' boat and it made the wake big. the boat drove alot better, held the speed way better and planed out sooner. I would put weight in the front in the walk way and use the trim to drive the back of the boat down. This thing was 35 $ at overtons and it was like i bought a new boat!
Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-01-2003, 11:44 AM Reply   
cool, i will look for that.

Thank you Jameson!
Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-01-2003, 12:04 PM Reply   
Jameson,

Is that the same as the stingray hydrofoil stablilizer?? it goes right above the propeller? just want to make sure that that is what you are talking about...

thanks
Old    leggester            05-01-2003, 12:12 PM Reply   
Yep. Just a different style.
Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-01-2003, 12:27 PM Reply   
cool thanks..
just wanted to make sure i was on the same page!
Old     (tdeneka)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-01-2003, 12:31 PM Reply   
I thought that was supposed to make the boat plane higher??? I could easily be wrong though. Even if it is, put it on upsidedown . . . heh-heh-heh!!

On another note, while I agree that the malibu wedge is designed for their hull, you would think and hydrofoil designed to provide downforce would work. The problem with an I/O is that the big nasty outdrive is in the way. It would be cool if someone built two smaller versions that you could mount on either side. Please put my name on the patent when you file, I only want HALF!!