Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (vdriverider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-30-2007, 9:34 PM Reply   
Anyone have any problems with these cracking or anything? Any suggestions on mounting techniques would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-30-2007, 9:59 PM Reply   
hummmmmmmmm. i might know someone but his name doesn't cross my mind right now. if i remember i will let you know. there was a crack or two.

(Message edited by ponte_06_x2 on July 30, 2007)
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-30-2007, 10:17 PM Reply   
Anytime the box restricts tower movement you can expect cracking. The box should have it's own structural integrity, it's best if it's only supported by two clamps so it can "float" when the tower flexes. I know of a few issues where tower boxes have had issues.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-31-2007, 1:29 AM Reply   
Darn, I never even thought about that. I way overbuilt my box is probably why it doesnt. I think it weighs about 40lbs loaded with 4 polk momo 6X9's. Yes it is way overbuilt but running around here is rough.
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-01-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
Depending the brand of the box or whether it was a DIY, there will be different ways of mounting, if you can post a couple pics I can get you going the right direction.
Old     (vdriverider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-01-2007, 4:28 PM Reply   
I have a liquid trends box with their clamps. I was told to use 1/4 inch thick particle board on the inside to give the bolt on the clamps more strength. I guess I want to lean towards adding more fiberglass to where the bolt will shoot through? I see a lot of these on other boats but after getting mine I had no idea they were made so thin.
Old     (kustomkaraudio)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-05-2007, 12:29 AM Reply   
Jerry your outta control!!!!!!!
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-06-2007, 8:21 AM Reply   
Depending on which box you have you will need to cut down some 5/8 or 3/4 MDF (Not Partical board).

4.69 Bat Box (Use a 4"X6" piece)
4.69 straight Use (2"X4")
6.65 Curved Use 3"x3"
6.69(Use 5"X6" piece.

The goal is to use as large a piece as the mounting area will allow, make sure when you set the clamp and board not to seat the board over or across any of the contures (sp) of the box, they will crack as you tighten the clamp down.
Board should sit flat against the inside top of the box.
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-06-2007, 10:04 AM Reply   
I have had no problems with mine, I am sure in time there will be something, so far just a lot of bugs gathering in the front.

Upload
Upload
Old    bocephus            08-06-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
Squid (twakess) made my speaker box, for super cheap, and I use the ultra heavy Pioneer REV TS-D691R in my box. The speakers are so big that they barely fit into the box, they are about 1/8" from the back of it. I do have funky mounting system though since I remove my box after each use.

I have no cracks or any other problems with my box, thanks Squid!!

Upload

(Message edited by bocephus on August 06, 2007)