Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (melchan)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-22-2013, 11:27 AM Reply   
hello evryone. i would like to ask which is a better board. the Liquid force peak 2013? or the Ronix Phoenix Project S 2013? im a cable park rider.

http://www.evo.com/wakeboards/liquid...wakeboard.aspx

http://www.evo.com/mashups/ronix-pho...ings-2013.aspx

Last edited by melchan; 04-22-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old     (melchan)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-22-2013, 11:40 AM Reply   

Last edited by melchan; 04-22-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-22-2013, 12:22 PM Reply   
Throw the El Von Videl Schnook into the mix. I've been on one for about 2 weeks and it rips.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-22-2013, 12:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
Throw the El Von Videl Schnook into the mix. I've been on one for about 2 weeks and it rips.
Agreed. Kids at the park switched from Pheonix to the EVVS and are loving it. I really want to try it out, seems like it's a great design for the park.
Old     (melchan)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-22-2013, 10:33 PM Reply   
oh crap i just saw EVVS w/ LED lights. its cool!! specially sometimes i ride at night. thnks for the replies. hoping to get more reply. hahaha!
Old     (tdickman4)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-23-2013, 4:45 AM Reply   
i would suggest a slingshot board. they are killer at the park and behind the boat.
Old     (melchan)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-23-2013, 7:15 AM Reply   
slingshot are too expensive. thnk u for the suggestion bro
Old     (melchan)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-23-2013, 7:37 AM Reply   
ok now cant deside. Ronix phoenix project S? or El Von Videl w/ lights? lol )

Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       04-23-2013, 8:40 AM Reply   
I have ridden the EVVS at the park for a few months now, and I find that it is the perfect all around cable board. Stiff enough to hit kickers and for air tricks, but flexible enough to have fun on rails. Extremely fast and responsive board and fun to ride. The lights look cool at night too! Just have to make sure your cap is always tight! The board rides small cause it is so fast, so i would size up if your in between.
If you have any more questions about it shoot me a PM.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-23-2013, 9:09 AM Reply   
I know all of the marketing for the EVVS says that if you ride it behind a boat that you will create a vortex and be sucked to the bottom of the lake, but that is not true. I took a really good set behind boat on it this past weekend. I don't really like woodcore boards behind the boat, but this one worked.

I personally prefer the EVVS over the Phoenix--Hands-down.
Old     (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-23-2013, 10:14 AM Reply   
I have seen the Liquid Force product hold up better to obstacles versus any other board brand on the market. Slingshot has been the worst. The wear though on their boards is terrible especially along the seams of the base and sidewall. Not to mention the topsheet material which chips and peels super bad. I had over 70 days on my deluxe and that thing was rock solid at the end of the year.
Old     (melchan)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-23-2013, 1:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotwake133 View Post
I have ridden the EVVS at the park for a few months now, and I find that it is the perfect all around cable board. Stiff enough to hit kickers and for air tricks, but flexible enough to have fun on rails. Extremely fast and responsive board and fun to ride. The lights look cool at night too! Just have to make sure your cap is always tight! The board rides small cause it is so fast, so i would size up if your in between.
If you have any more questions about it shoot me a PM.

really?? cool! now im convince that EVVS is better. is the lights durable? kinda worried if its easily broken after a few months or so.
Old     (melchan)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-23-2013, 1:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
I know all of the marketing for the EVVS says that if you ride it behind a boat that you will create a vortex and be sucked to the bottom of the lake, but that is not true. I took a really good set behind boat on it this past weekend. I don't really like woodcore boards behind the boat, but this one worked.

I personally prefer the EVVS over the Phoenix--Hands-down.

thnks for the reply. now im really convice that EVVS is the best choice for me. my down side is i just dont like the art work on board. lol
Old     (melchan)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-23-2013, 2:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek View Post
I have seen the Liquid Force product hold up better to obstacles versus any other board brand on the market. Slingshot has been the worst. The wear though on their boards is terrible especially along the seams of the base and sidewall. Not to mention the topsheet material which chips and peels super bad. I had over 70 days on my deluxe and that thing was rock solid at the end of the year.

my current board is liquid force. when i road it the 1st time i accidentally hit the the bar holding up the rails. then boom! my board has as huge chip off. lol