Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (rkinsell)      Join Date: May 2005       09-22-2010, 1:07 PM Reply   
Is there any good free software anymore? Or monthly unlimited subscriptions that you can actually use on an iPod?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-22-2010, 1:30 PM Reply   
for a while I used Imesh - monthly subscription for like $7 - unlimted downloads but they were all protected meaning you had to sync monthly to keep the song legit on your device.... but there is a way around this -
Download (i did from a torrent site www.piratebay.org or something) this program called Tunebite . This program will take the DRM protected song, play it and then digitally re-record it to your computer... a fancy version of holding a microphone to your speakers while the song plays so you have another non-protected copy.

With that setup its unlimted music for $7 and NO PROTECTION ON IT AFTER.... plus the bands get paid, everyone wins.

Or I just get whole CDs from torrents.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-22-2010, 2:32 PM Reply   
Old     (rkinsell)      Join Date: May 2005       09-22-2010, 7:30 PM Reply   
I lost thousands of songs (some purchased legit) and need to get to work. Thanks for the help Nick
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-22-2010, 10:41 PM Reply   
secure socks 5 tunnel to canada.

Sounds funny, but its how to get around getting caught downloading music that you are not paying for.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-23-2010, 5:02 AM Reply   
I don't know what kind of music you like, but beezo.net has thousands of DJ Mixes you can download for free. You can get the same mixes they play at Rehab in Vegas and clubs in LA etc. It worked out great this summer. I just downloaded a few of the mixes and let them play on the boat...kept the girls dancing and I didn't have to worry about downloading a bunch of different songs.

I liked the rock-it scientis, DJ Scene, and DJ Vice
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-23-2010, 6:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendow View Post
I liked the rock-it scientis, DJ Scene, and DJ Vice
I went to AllStars at the top of the page and saw all the DJ's you liked. DJ Vice dropped an F-bomb right from the get go, so he's out for a family boat. Since I like the 80's, I sampled DJ Scene. Good stuff from what I heard. I tried to download his 58MB file and it quit twice after only 30 seconds of sample. I need to read the directions. I may need to join and pay, Thanks for the link.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-23-2010, 6:37 AM Reply   
Jack Black is a douche
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-23-2010, 6:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboardingdad View Post
I went to AllStars at the top of the page and saw all the DJ's you liked. DJ Vice dropped an F-bomb right from the get go, so he's out for a family boat. Since I like the 80's, I sampled DJ Scene. Good stuff from what I heard. I tried to download his 58MB file and it quit twice after only 30 seconds of sample. I need to read the directions. I may need to join and pay, Thanks for the link.
Yeah...I agree. You have to be weary of some of the lyrics. We tie up in the cove and sometimes my friends bring their kids so I don't play some of the mixes. The 80's and 90's mixes are pretty tame and seem to be crowd pleasers...

My GF had problems downloading too...I've never had an issue and have downloaded a ton of mixes.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-23-2010, 7:05 AM Reply   
The below links are 80's mixes... you just have to search through the mixes by genre. There's not a ton of 80's mixes, but they are there.

http://www.beezo.net/djs/djwhitematic/

http://www.beezo.net/djs/djdefcon/

Last edited by bendow; 09-23-2010 at 7:06 AM. Reason: wrong link
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-23-2010, 7:27 AM Reply   
lol...I started playing an 80's mix hear at work. My, co-workers, who are older than me, 30's 40's, are like "hey, what is that? turn it up" too funny

It's the mix at the very bottom of this page...80's high school dance mix...
http://www.beezo.net/djs/discobee/
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-23-2010, 10:26 AM Reply   
I use a couple places. Mp3million.com is great, all songs are 10 cents albums are like 99 cents, I've been using it for three years with no problems and neither have several friends had problems. I also use freakonomix.com to get dj mixes for free. I'll check out this beezo.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-23-2010, 11:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendow View Post
The below links are 80's mixes... you just have to search through the mixes by genre. There's not a ton of 80's mixes, but they are there.

http://www.beezo.net/djs/djwhitematic/

http://www.beezo.net/djs/djdefcon/
Thanks,I'll check'em out.

I joined, thinking that was it. It wasn't. I bet it's my slow DSL lite! They probably see the slow transfer and don't want to tie up a server the that length of time. I think I'll upgrade today. I'll be a hero tonight around the house.

About the older co-workers..... that's me. 46
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-24-2010, 7:44 AM Reply   
Upgraded my internet today. Downloading at Beezo.net without any problems now. Good stuff. Thanks again for the links Ben!
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-24-2010, 12:31 PM Reply   
no problem...now you're the cool dad in addition to dirtbike dad!