Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old    live2wakeboard            07-05-2005, 8:49 PM Reply   
Okay I am looking at new boards because I lost mine goin down the highway!! I just went to my local dealer and were looking at the hyperlite boards they have in stock and talking to some of the people who work there.. Which are really good friends of mine. I weigh about 150 and im 6 foot tall and around the intermediate level and looking for a board that will help me raise my level. We decided to go with the hyperlite State but the boots were an issue. Im not sure wat boots to go with if any one could help me out or have a similar setup please post...
Thank you
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-05-2005, 9:22 PM Reply   
were you towing your boat around with your board in your rack?

You have to try bindings on. If you just buy what someone else recommends, there is a good chance they won't fit you right.
Old    chasejames11            07-05-2005, 9:25 PM Reply   
Well i sell 2004 boards and bindings at clearance prices. Right now all i have is hyperlite Highbacks 2004 for 165 and that includes shipping. they are the same as the 2005 3DS all i have is large though. email me if interested i love them
Old    live2wakeboard            07-05-2005, 9:40 PM Reply   
J-Rod ya we were i tried to tell my dad that we should take them off but when u get pulled over for goin 95 down the interstate i didn't think they stood a chance.. lol... I kno i need to try some on and thanks charles for the ofer but i think im goin to stick with my local dealer no offence but they need to make some sales. And they are really good family friends.... Thanks u all and plz people post some more info and dont pull ur boat around with ur board on ur board rack..
Old    julian_1            07-06-2005, 9:34 AM Reply   
i just got the 05 murray's and i think they are great. easy to get in and out of, and they are comfortable. although, ive never really tried anything else besides really old cheap HL bindings that didn't even really fit me that well.

what made you pick the state over any in the experience line? im still trying to figure out which board i want.
Old    live2wakeboard            07-06-2005, 3:06 PM Reply   
Well when i was tlaking to the guys at the local shop which are pretty good riders and can hold there own. I was asking them if i should just go with a more advanced board instead of spending my money on a little more relaxed board and they said "if u get to much of an advanced board when u are trying to learn you wont advance as fast cuz it will be to agressive" so ya and they helped me pick out the state. Any ways is the Murray worth the money i mean have u or any one else had any problems with them.
Old    julian_1            07-06-2005, 5:29 PM Reply   
i got them cheap since one of my friends has a friend that works at hyperlite. i haven't had any problems at all and i think they are awesome, but would i have spent like 400 on them? i dunno. maybe, but i prob would have tried out a few others first.
Old    live2wakeboard            07-06-2005, 7:09 PM Reply   
Ya I understand!! Thanks for ur help i want to try them on to see how they fit..
Old    live2wakeboard            07-07-2005, 5:48 PM Reply   
By the way Lucky T and Got A Malibu? are the same people i just changed my name....

But anyways does any one else have any input i want to hear wat u all think and does anyone think i should maybe go with a different board..