Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (RoyMunson)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-04-2012, 11:01 AM Reply   
posted this as comment on the wake zeach site but I guess they did not accept it. not surprised. anyway. thought some wakeworld patrons would find it interesting. agree/disagree?

"Comment on Land? Call me crazy, but we should probably stop putting tricks in videos where the rider lands on his back and stands up again…

How about I call you a critical a##hole with too much time on his hands? But, look...I've been visiting this site regularly so something is working. And its not that I love to read your on point comments and criticism about other people's riding. Its that I love seeing you dig yourself deeper and deeper into this hole of hate and elitism. Drop the shovel and climb out the hole. Your friends are waiting for you on the surface. Your missed.

I agree with your general arguments. I understand there are easier ways to do tricks. I understand there are more difficult ways to do tricks. I can even understand why one would want to encourage riders to do the tricks in a more legitimate way. I get it. You like your tricks legit. Cool. Me too. But. when you take an hour out each day to pinpoint and call out this or that rider for this or that trick, who is this exercise for? Is it to help those riders realize what they are doing wrong and to correct themselves accordingly? Is it for the young riders out there who should appreciate the right and wrong way to ride and avoid the mistakes of those before them? Or is it for you. Think about that.

People will always ride differently. Tricks will always be done differently. Yes, sometimes the very same trick will be performed in varying degrees of difficulty. Its cool to have preferences. Its cool to prefer one style to another. Thats fine. But your missing the point. Don't fall to the dark side and become a tyrannical authority on the matter. Let the riding speak for itself. What message could be stronger than that?

Its easy to hate, hard to embrace. Easy to criticize, hard to encourage.

The next time you feel that urge to post a screen shot at 11:46 of that video where the guy doesn't quite grab well enough for you, STOP! Take a moment and remove your hands from the keyboard. Go outside and enjoy a brisk walk and fresh ice cold coke. It's delicious. Or better yet, grab your board and go show us all how its done."
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-04-2012, 12:35 PM Reply   
Don't feed the trolls. Nothing you say will make those with a "holier than thou" attitude change their ways. Its too bad that people take it upon themselves to systematically talk $#!T, but this is the way of our world. It is one of the problems of having a very small industry, even the little guy feels involved and the damn soapboxes are a dime a dozen.

Ride, have fun and don't worry about people telling you how to ride.
Old    alanp            04-04-2012, 1:20 PM Reply   
i dig the website. pretty funny. i dont check it often(only when i see someone ww all fired up).
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-04-2012, 1:23 PM Reply   
Same here. I usually go there for the original content and creativity, but I'm always blown away by the intelligence in the comments. There is some real insight in them. The site is worth it for the humor. Also, they seem to really hate Dustin O'Ferral.
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-04-2012, 4:10 PM Reply   
Original content?? Ha!

They grab all their screenshots from wakenewsonly.com
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-04-2012, 6:37 PM Reply   
I thought my sarcasm was more obvious, I apologize.
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-04-2012, 6:55 PM Reply   
Sorry Ben. My bad
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       04-05-2012, 9:20 AM Reply   
relax everyone, wakezeach has a point, but don't get all fired up about it. Presses have been looking very clean lately in the last few web videos.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       04-05-2012, 11:50 AM Reply   
wakezeach provided me with some awesome laughter for about 30mins last night. Pure comedy - thats all it is.