Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-09-2006, 6:51 PM Reply   
I HAVE SOME VERY BAD NEWS, IT SEEMS LIKE I HAVE COME TO AN END WITH BOATING, I WAS DIAGNOSED W/ MELANOMA 2 WEEKS AGO. I WAS TOLD TO WEAR 70 PROOF SUNSCREAN, A SHIRT, AND HAT WHILE I BOAT AND I HAVE DECIDED JUST TO SALE. THEY HAVE CAUGHT THIS EARLY AND I WILL BE FINE BUT MY DOCTOR SAYS I HAVE TO HAVE A CHANGE IN LIFESTYLE.
I WILL BE PUTTING MY SUPRA ON E-BAY SOON W/ NO RESERVE AND A VERY LOW FIRST BID, IT IS LOADED WITH 53 HRS AND A HELL OF A BOAT. I WILL LET THE FORUM KNOW WHEN IT HAS BEEN LISTED, IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ASK. THERE IS A PIC ON MY PROFILE.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-09-2006, 7:21 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear of your illness. It is the most common form of cancer. Wishing you the best!

Maybe you could have some good come out of it and share your experience to bring awareness to the desease. Either by writing an article or starting a post at the least, telling of your experience with it so more people will become aware of the dangers of sun. Sunblock is often overlooked and sun burns are common. Those are the worst things you can do.
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-09-2006, 7:38 PM Reply   
Man, that is is horrible. I hope you are able to beat it. Good luck and God bless.
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-09-2006, 9:56 PM Reply   
Keep your head up and hope you recover to fullest.
Old     (trash4life)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-09-2006, 10:29 PM Reply   
Denny? Is that you? That totally sucks. I remember you kind of had something like that happen before right. I hope things are going well for you. I'll give you a call later.
Kenny
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-13-2006, 1:07 PM Reply   
good talking w/ you this week kenny we have to get together soon
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-13-2006, 1:09 PM Reply   
listed my boat today on ebay, this totally sucks, it has no reserve w/ starting bid 46,900, it is loaded, look under supra i will try to post a link later
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-13-2006, 1:11 PM Reply   
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=290018996728&ih =019&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-13-2006, 2:51 PM Reply   
Boy if I could get my MC sold I would buy it up
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-13-2006, 3:13 PM Reply   
Supra for me;

I to had been diagnosed with melanoma. While I realize that it is a life changing issue I have not let it end my love for summer water time. I think your doctor has been a little over the top with his extreme needs. I had mine removed about 2 years ago and have not had another spot found yet. I had a 7mm X 4mm area removed off of my left shoulder.
My scarest feeling cam from when I got a call telling me it was melanoma and I needed to come in to the office in two days. This being just before Memorial weekend. I tried to put it off till after the long weekend but recieved a call back a few minutes later from the doctor telling me it was not possible to wait and I had to come in the next day to have it removed. I did not relize how agressive and seroius this type of cancer is. Don't let it change your life totaly but be aware of taking precautions to help minimize your exposure to the sun.
Old     (cinder1995)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-13-2006, 5:02 PM Reply   
What made you go the doctor to have it looked at? I'm one of those people who only go in an emergency, not just for a physical/checkup. Probably stupid on my part, but now i'm all concerned.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-13-2006, 5:19 PM Reply   
i have been dealing with abnormal moles since i was in my teens, my mother took me to a dermatologist when i was 13-14, i had prob 30 moles cut off at that time, all abnormal but no melanoma, i go every year to see him and this was the first biopsy in 10 yrs, same situation as you gary, he called and said he wanted me back in asap, so i have been dealing with this for a long time and now it has gotten to the point that it is a little scary to be out in the sun
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-13-2006, 9:07 PM Reply   
i agree with Gary.... My wife has had Melanoma and it has not pulled us away. Yes more pre-caution, but never change the life style. Good luck from part of the supra crew... if that thing actually sell anywhere near 46,900 someone got a great deal... bring it to me and I will buy it...