Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (crazy4two)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-21-2005, 3:31 PM Reply   
Hey there,

When I am running my blower, how do I know if it is working or not. Should I be feeling air being pushed out somewhere?

The reason that I ask is because the blower in my 2003 Centurian Hurricane is, what I believe to be, louder than crap. It makes a rumbling sound. I do not know if this is normal.
Old    powaman            04-21-2005, 6:35 PM Reply   
Hmm as far as if it's working or not, you should be able to feel air coming out, depending on where yours exits. I know one mine I can feel it, it should not rumble. Your blower motor is prolly going bad. There pretty cheap to replace.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-21-2005, 9:39 PM Reply   
Wow didn't know Hurricanes were Blown...
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-21-2005, 10:08 PM Reply   
yeah, those things are at the drag strip all the time...
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-23-2005, 8:03 PM Reply   
If you replace yours, buy a Rule blower instead of an Attwood. Rules are a lot quieter and are put together better. Price is the same.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-24-2005, 6:38 AM Reply   
On my Lightning (boat model name changed from Hurricane to Lightning) there are two black hoses in the very back of the boat, behind the engine. The hoses run from the bottom of the boat up through the center and then split out one to the far left and the other to the far right. In the center of the starboard side there is a white tube, that’s the blower. With the blower switch on you should be able to both hear the blower and feel the air coming out or the starboard vent.

Check Overton’s or other marine supply dealers for a replacement.

Good luck.