Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-01-2007, 7:02 PM Reply   
the trailer on my recentlty purchased X-star is in excellent condition. Looks brand new because it was rarely used. Unfortunately the guy I bought it from said he had a little too much to drink one night on a road trip and damaged the fenders when trying to load the boat by banging and bending the guide poles into them. The welds actually broke too, which I have had fixed already. What about the fiberglass work on this trailer? Does this look repairable? Any idea on cost?

Upload
Upload
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-01-2007, 7:12 PM Reply   
no offense but if a guy told me he ran into the guide poles by driving drunk, I would not be buying the boat.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-01-2007, 7:20 PM Reply   
its kind of hard to tell from your pics but if youve got the bucks have it repaired and re gelcoated...i think i'd leave it be, hope you got a good deal, the boat looks clean
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-02-2007, 8:23 AM Reply   
Have your local MC Dealer price a new fender for you. I think either way it's going to cost you some bucks to get it fixed.

Congratz on the boat.
Old    bocephus            05-02-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
That's not that bad. Take the fender off and see what you have to work with. It's not like it's going to sink if you mess it up.
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       05-02-2007, 10:48 AM Reply   
definitely get the welds fixed underneath, then try one of those fiberglass repair kits just to repair the cracks, then get some touch-up paint. If you still can't live with it you won't have wasted much time or money.

I have an MC with the same style fenders but single axle, and it is damaged on one side (way worse than yours). The guy who had it before me checked and it was $750 to replace. I have not confirmed this personally. My trailer will sit in storage once my boat goes in the slip, so its not a priority.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-02-2007, 11:10 AM Reply   
That is an easy fix for a fiberglass shop. Probably less than $250, and you won't even be able to tell it was ever damaged.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-02-2007, 12:56 PM Reply   
Who would do fiberglass work? Nothing under fiberglass in the yellow pages. Auto body repair place?