Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-15-2006, 7:07 AM Reply   
So my wife surprised me for my birthday with a trip to a camp in FL. We are considering either The Wakeboard Camp or Ride the Spot. Anyone have any experience with either of these camps? Also any other reccomendations? We are both in our mid 30s and are planning to go in October, hopefully most of the kids will be in school by then. Any other 30 somethings been to a camp?
Hank
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-15-2006, 7:41 AM Reply   
Both are good, also check out O'Town watersports, my son Alex has been training with Pro coach Glen Fletcher for 4 years. On the west coast I hear good things about Delta wakeboard camp with coaches Darek Conway & Kevin Bird & West Coast Camps with Mike Schwenne. Have fun...
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-15-2006, 7:41 AM Reply   
Hank-If you're looking for some great instruction for adults, check out Nick and Julz Wakeboard School. www.njwakeschool.com

They operate the only adults only camp, no kiddies. You can stay in a sweet house on the lake with a pool and hot tub, Hyperlite gear, MC X-star towboat. Really laid back, and you can do your own thing at night or just chill.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-15-2006, 7:45 AM Reply   
Projects
Old     (cool232)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-15-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
I went to the boarding school in the spring. I would recommend it to anyone age or ability, you wont be dissapointed. It was as much fun as you want to make it. Shaun,Travis and Kyle made it a great trip. I,m in my 30's I would go back any time.
Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-15-2006, 12:30 PM Reply   
Where is the Boarding School?
Old     (planetnautique)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-16-2006, 10:34 AM Reply   
TBS is in St. Cloud (close to Orlando). I was there the same week as Brad, and it was a great time. This was my second year there, and I will be back again next year.

http://www.theboardingschool.com
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-16-2006, 10:43 AM Reply   
www.worldwakeboardcenter.com
Worth checking out for shur. I know alot of riders that have gone to world wakeboard center and love the camp and learned alot.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-16-2006, 11:32 AM Reply   
Check out The Wakeboard Camp. I have not been, but I have heard good stuff about it. It's the same guys that made "The Book".

http://www.wakeboardcamp.com/
Old     (scooby76)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-16-2006, 12:00 PM Reply   
The Projects. Great instruction, the coaches were extremely easy to get along with and gave excellent instructions, both behind the boat and on the Rails. The camp has 3 private lakes, two used for wake and the 3rd is an awesome rail park. Pristine condition all day and a really relaxed atmosphere. Even when storms were rolling in at least one of the lakes was still close to butter. Probably one of the best on price too.

Coaches consisted of Pat Panakos, Rob Jacques, Keith Lidberg, Ryan Doyle and others.

Loaded down Super Airs to Ride on.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-16-2006, 1:30 PM Reply   
"the boarding school" is the way to go. The house is nice, good food, only 5 people max. Very relaxed and fun. Riding doubles with Shaun is something I recommend. Besides Shaun, Kyle and Travis, you never know who will pop by for a pull--Kieth Lyman, Trevor Hansen, Mike Marsh etc. Let me know when your are going and I'll go too. I've been there several times and am always looking for an excuse to go back----and I'm 40. October is a great time to go. Stay away from the camps that are geared towards youths---just my opinion.
Old     (toby_yeo)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-16-2006, 3:27 PM Reply   
can any age go to the boarding school. would love to go in october
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-16-2006, 5:36 PM Reply   
We only take people between 40- 41 1/2 and you must be a taurus, so sorry if you don't fit in there. we are trying to hit a pretty specific market, but you know how it goes?! just kidding. we have every age come through, need to have a parent or guardian if under 18, but most people are between 20-50. Everybody thinks you need to be a young ripper to come to The Boarding School, but most people are beginners maybe jumping heelside wake to wake with no toeside. Some come one, come all. See ya there
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-16-2006, 5:42 PM Reply   
Geeeezzz..... and I missed it by 1/2!!!
But can I still come and play since I'm a Taurus and have $$$ ?

Keith Lidberg isn't coaching at the Projects anymore.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-16-2006, 8:45 PM Reply   
Phantom, we can make an exception if you are really into earth tones and/or nectarines.
Old    wiz            08-16-2006, 8:55 PM Reply   
i would also recommend "tbs". i went with chuck h. & a few others from this site in march & had a blast! my only regret is i went in march & hadn't rode since october, so i was pretty much trying to find my groove the whole time i was there. hopefully i'll make it down there again sometime soon. one thing i did get dialed in was my "robot". justin & i are straight pimpin' that stuff here in tennessee.

shaun& travis, i saw a reference to the robot in one of your ads a few weeks back & shot a snot rocket i was laughing so hard!

(Message edited by wake eater on August 16, 2006)
Old     (wakesurfer54)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-16-2006, 11:57 PM Reply   
www.westcoastcamps.com you get to stay on a houseboat for a week and have great coaching and Schwenne is a cool a$$ guy its supposed to be a great camp
Old     (scooby76)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-17-2006, 5:14 AM Reply   
Phantom - Since when has Keith stopped working at the Projects? I was there the last week in July right before the Reno Stop and he was coaching me every day. This was the week before the Reno Stop.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-17-2006, 4:13 PM Reply   
I talked to Keith 2 wks prior to that at OWC and stated he had not been coaching at all this year at the Projects. But he stated he did miss coachng at the time so maybe he went back.

Sorry Travis, I prefer white peaches over nectarines.
Old     (boarder33)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-21-2006, 8:21 AM Reply   
Darin will step-up your game completely! He's a great teacher.

http://www.ridethespot.net/
Old     (rebelboy74)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-21-2006, 4:04 PM Reply   
I just got back from The Boarding School last week. I am 32 and have only been riding a few years and highly recommend it. The guys are great. It is like hanging out with your buddies on the boat. The facilities are first rate and it does not feel like a "camp" at all. I will be back there in the spring for sure.

josef