Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-19-2012, 5:12 AM Reply   
Amy likes to ride our 6'6" Walker Project Cruiser, she just feels comfortable on it. It has no traction, just hula deck and that is how she likes it. But we have been keeping it on the boat at all times now since she rides it every time we go out and since RJ has also been riding it every time we go out. Its just something different and fun. This last sunday he took Jesse out and had an epic tandem session and had us all laughing and smiling for a long time. So I have some pictures and video of the fun on the longboard and then the incredible tandem session. I think we are going to be taking out our ocean mini longboard (9' long) which is a real nose rider so RJ can work on getting a hang ten.

This is from a week or so ago and Dennis was showing up RJ getting all the way up on the nose heelside.

IMG_7739 by wake9, on Flickr

You can see this at the end of the video, but this was both cool and scary, Dennis always makes boards fly when he riding the nose and then goes down, but I have never seen a board fly like this. I was yelling "cover your head" because it landed very close to him.

IMG_7765 by wake9, on Flickr

Switch

IMG_7803 by wake9, on Flickr

A great shot of RJ heading up the nose heelside.

IMG_7990 by wake9, on Flickr

I talked to RJ about cross stepping and showed him a few videos, and he is starting to get the hang of it.

IMG_8064 by wake9, on Flickr

Here he cross stepped into a body varial.

IMG_8126 by wake9, on Flickr

Dennis again, he showed RJ the best ways to sink the board in the wake so you could walk up without catching up so much.

IMG_8528 by wake9, on Flickr

RJ on his natural side cross stepping.

IMG_1878 by wake9, on Flickr

So then RJ got Jesse out there with him, and they were in rare form. Jesse is getting to be good surfer in her own right and was able to balance on the board without aid.

IMG_2446 by wake9, on Flickr

Amy almost fainted on this one.

IMG_2486 by wake9, on Flickr

RJ has a ton of balance, and this takes a bit of practice and a fearless kid.

IMG_2526 by wake9, on Flickr

Backwards hand stand?

IMG_2551 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_2640 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_2656 by wake9, on Flickr

Now they are both surfing and Jesse is on her own, but RJ is in front.

IMG_2728 by wake9, on Flickr

She just kept smiling.

IMG_2782 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_2833 by wake9, on Flickr

This is my favorite pic, I think this will be my wallpaper on my iPad for a while.

IMG_2881 by wake9, on Flickr

Ton of fun, now check out the video.