Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-23-2012, 9:54 AM Reply   
Guys, buddy of mine wants input on these and since I have no experience with either I thought i would ask you all.

http://www.smittysusa.com/vehicle-de...+with+ly6.html

or

http://www.smittysusa.com/vehicle-de...r+247+lsv.html

For the money and hours on them which is going to be the better boat. Surfing 60% of time boarding 40%.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       03-23-2012, 10:40 AM Reply   
Based o price and looks I would go with the 247. I have wake boarded and surfed behind an X30 and it throws a pretty good wake. I only got 1 surf set though. The 247 will throw a great wake for both as well. You will need more weight that stock to really take advantage of the surf wallet an throw. You also have to ride a little faster when wakeboarding behind a 247.
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-23-2012, 11:07 AM Reply   
Bruizza, you are saying the 247 will need extra weight to create a good surf wave? The second to last sentence confused me.
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-23-2012, 11:11 AM Reply   
Just another FYI...he has roughly 50k he is willing to spend. Surfing is the main, along with space. Anything he should be looking at? (I have Epic's and it doesn't fit what he is looking for $ so I am of little help, I have very limited experience with other boats)
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-23-2012, 11:30 AM Reply   
No ww thread is complete without a reference to MB. I was in your buddy's position last year and picked up a brand new 2011 mb 23 twb. Wake is great for wakeboarding and very surfable with stock ballast.

Between those two I think you'd have more surf potential with the 247.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-23-2012, 11:35 AM Reply   
A couple year old Enzo 240 should be in that price range. A Tige 24V or 24VE would be great options.

Personally I would probably lean towards the 247 over an X30 all other things being equal. The 247 is like a water limo. The inside is huge. I like the X30 as well though. No matter what boat he gets he is going to have to add a bunch of weight to get a good surf wake. I think 50k is a little low to find and X45 or SAN230/236.

Now, time for me to piss off the people that hate MB being brought up but 50k is not that far off from a new 23 TWB. Huge inside, tons of under the floor ballast, NEW or next to new. They surf well(still going to have to add weight into the rear vdrive compartments but the wakeboard wake is great stock. Not sure if there is a dealer newar you though.

Any of those options would be good.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       03-23-2012, 11:50 AM Reply   
I mean the 247 will need extra weight to reach its surf potential (like any boat). Then I meant that you have to ride a bit faster than some people like to get the wakeboarding wake to clean up. 23+ mph.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-23-2012, 1:44 PM Reply   
Tige and Centurion have great reputations for surfing and for 50k you will be able to find something very nice.

I agree with brett that if he can pay a bit more, the MB 23' would be a great boat. wakeboarding wake is real nice and have heard the surf wave can be really good too. sounds like he will finance, and interest rates are usually better when buying new. So he can pay more for new and have a similar payment. worth a look.

If we are talking new there are some great options for 50k in the 21-22 foot range. One is an Axis A22 that you can get for 50k, and the swimstep that is new in late 2011 is surf friendly. chattwake has a nice surf set up on his 2011 that he just sold, should find some pics on here somewhere. Surfers here really seem to love the centurions and tiges... I would go that way.

As for the x30 and lsv247 as originally asked... i can comment on the lsv247 only. My buddy has an 08. Its beautiful, huge, surf wake is really big on both port and starboard sides. I am not a surfer, and have little experience surfing behind boats (old tige, x45, 247 only). It was fun and had a nice pocket. the wakeboarding wake is great, its a malibu. with full stock ballast 1250 and wedge, it was really nice.

I vote for the malibu
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-23-2012, 2:57 PM Reply   
I didn't realize for 50k you could get an MB 23' boat? Being in the midwest MB is something that just isn't around us. Any thoughts on where to call or look for a new or leftover MB 23'? I know he would look at a new boat and I may convince him it is the way to go. (have had new myself)

I will open the thread up to any suggestions to a specific boat or brand of boat. 50k was the budget....but for a brand new boat I am sure he would throw another 5k at it. So..... thread is open to anything...

1. Space is key
2. Surf wave is more important than wakeboard wave (he will still want to do that just not as much)
3. Newer the better I would assume
4. He likes white on white. (he doesn't like my black boat hahahaha)
5. This is his first boat and only wants to do this once (unlike me)
ce i
Let the games begin....oh and he is wanting to buy within the next 2-3 weeks
I will try to get him to get an account here so he can read all this as well so I can have some help in convincing him this place is of great help in learning.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-23-2012, 3:00 PM Reply   
I know you said white but I think this is Ian's boat. It may come with full warranty and I believe he wants mid 50's. Boat is in Michigan as well.
http://www.aquasportsmarine.com/pre_...h=2410416&nv=y
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-23-2012, 3:05 PM Reply   
Another one from the same dealer. Again, not white though. Brand new and looks nice.
http://www.aquasportsmarine.com/pre_...h=2209290&nv=y
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-23-2012, 3:05 PM Reply   
http://www.aquasportsmarine.com/pre_...h=2410416&nv=y

should this be within budget....closest dealer near us is 200 miles away....
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-23-2012, 3:06 PM Reply   
Brett that is funny we posted at the same time
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-23-2012, 3:29 PM Reply   
It is in Texas but ask Craig what he wants for this white bad boy.
http://www.texasmastercraft.com/vehi...11.cfml#ar_top
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-23-2012, 3:36 PM Reply   
That white one is exactly what he is looking for looks wise. Do you know Craig personally?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-23-2012, 3:43 PM Reply   
No, just check the thread about the ferrari MB. He is posting a lot.