Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (jpete190)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-14-2007, 8:40 AM Reply   
Anyone tell me which board has the most pop? Here are the choices. 06 Parks, 07 Shane or a 07 Natural. Let me know Peeps?
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-14-2007, 10:20 AM Reply   
shane
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-14-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
I think the way you ride will determine witch has more pop
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-14-2007, 11:43 AM Reply   
no board is poppier than a parks board
Old     (jpete190)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-14-2007, 12:45 PM Reply   
Chas, I do agree. Style & proper technic plays the most important role. I was hoping I could find someone who has ridden at least two of board listed and then i could get a real head to head comparison.
Old     (johnben)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-14-2007, 2:02 PM Reply   
The parks has a lot of pop but rides weird I think.
If you are interested I have an 05 that has been ridden less that 10 times and am willing to sell for $150
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-14-2007, 3:33 PM Reply   
owned, ridin' hard, & broken both the 07 Natty and the 07 Shane. IMO the Shane had more POP. i loved both boards!
Old     (waketrix101)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-14-2007, 3:35 PM Reply   
forget them the premier is where its at!
Old    wakeboardpunk17            10-14-2007, 8:37 PM Reply   
07 Marius has quite alot of pop def demo it if you can
Old     (fmaxturbosi)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-15-2007, 11:00 AM Reply   
off topic, but it's cool to see another Peterman. Even weirder, my dads name is James Peterman and we actually lived in indianapolis for about a year.

Anyways, I've been demo-ing a slingshot recoil for the last 3 weeks and it's a nice board. It has no where near as much pop as my parks board, but my technique could be all wrong on the slingshot. who knows? I've heard alot of good things about the marius, so I'll definately have to demo that. I also plan to demo the new ibex. I think you should you try to demo those 2 boards if you have the chance. I've never ridden a shane or natural, so I couldn't tell ya how much pop those have, but my parks definately has alot of pop.
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-15-2007, 1:24 PM Reply   
Heck Jason, why ever buy a board!?! Just keep demoing the boards. By the time your down the list, next years models will be out and you will have to demo those before you can make an educated decision!!
Old     (fmaxturbosi)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-15-2007, 1:38 PM Reply   
Wow T-bag! I've demo'd 1 board and want to demo 2 more before I buy a new one.
Was this thread titled "please ridicule me because I demo wakeboards?" No, it was about pop. Did you provide any information that pertains to this thread?
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-15-2007, 2:39 PM Reply   
I have been very happy with my Marius, it has great pop and very soft landings. I trully hope that you purchase a board from whoever is kind enough to let you demo 3 boards for weeks on end. I can't even imagine how pissed off shops get when they do such a service for their customers and then the customer goes on Ebay and buys one there.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-15-2007, 3:01 PM Reply   
it's all in how YOU ride...one board might not pop for you like it does someone else...you might not like the way oneboard feels compared ot another one..."pop" is only 1 characteristic you should be looking for in a board...
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-15-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
T-bag...why would they be ticked? As far as I know, you demo a board for $X and then when you buy a board, $X is subtracted from your price. If you don't buy, it was essentially a rental. Is that not the way it is everywhere?
Old     (fmaxturbosi)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-15-2007, 3:21 PM Reply   
That's the way it is at my local shop. They let you demo a board, and the fee they charge you for the demo is put toward the purchase. The guys at my local shop are super nice and very helpful. The guys at my shop are actually the ones that suggested I demo more than 1 board and to keep the board for more than 1 day so that I actually get the feel for it. They told me not to get hyped up one board but to actually try a variety of them before I made my decision.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-15-2007, 4:01 PM Reply   
Maybe off topic a little, but isn't searching for the board with the most pop about the same as searching for the golf driver with the most distance? If I had spent as much money on instruction as I have on equipment I would probably be better off. Just a thought. In any case, my son rides an Era and a Parks. He goes big on both but the Parks feels poppier to him (is that even a word) but he is more consistent with the Era. My other son rides a Murray and he goes big on that as well. I ride an Era and don't go big at all, but I know it isn't the board; its the lack of line tension. One problem with trying a lot of different boards is that it can mess with your riding. We only ride about 7 months out of the year and except for a couple of vacation trips never more than once a week. I bought a 3DS last fall and spent over a month trying to learn how to ride it and eventually decided to go back to the Era. It was fun to play around, but in the end I felt like I lost a month of potential progress to looking for a quick fix. Eric Ruck and my kids have no trouble going big on the Era. It all depends on what you are looking for. Good luck.