Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (bhutch)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-13-2008, 9:13 PM Reply   
Just received my new lucid handle and line from BBBuy. After showing it a buddy he said that carbonfiber handle will tear everything up that it hits due to its hardness. Said in one week he toreup/nicked up his boats gelcoat and even had the handle hit his board and damage it...Is this true??
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-13-2008, 9:15 PM Reply   
how about not banging the handle on the boat when you pull it in, think that might help?
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-13-2008, 9:33 PM Reply   
I know two guys who have shattered the handle itself. It's nasty stuff when it breaks.
Old     (bhutch)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-13-2008, 9:43 PM Reply   
jonny-w..most damage to my boat/equipment was done by "others" accidently...
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-14-2008, 2:34 AM Reply   
well, look at it this way...you can use it to hit those "others" when they damage your stuff!!!
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-14-2008, 8:04 AM Reply   
If you are careful it wont damage the boat.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-14-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
If you think thats bad, just wait until it knocks you upside the head, thats always nice.
You just got to be extra careful with Carbon handles around the boat.
As far as the board, most of the time there is nothing you can do, you go down and somehow the handle hits your board and then you notice a nice chip taken out.
Not a fan of Carbon handles myself.
Old     (mlb75)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-14-2008, 9:49 AM Reply   
but I thought they automatically gave you an extra 3' of pop??? While they are a dense material the only reason I can see they would do any more damage than any other handle is they aren't wrapped in foam like standard ones. To be honest I've been more worried about damaging the handle than it hurting the boat or board. If the handle is chipping the boat that's not an accident it's negligence and just not giving a s#!*... IMHO
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-14-2008, 1:27 PM Reply   
I had a carbon handle for a long time and it never hurt a thing. I had to ride last years era handle for a couple days and on one fall it hit my board and put a huge deep dent in it. So it doesn't really matter I guess they can all do damage.
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-14-2008, 1:57 PM Reply   
yea, my Carbon never hurt my boat. I try to take care of things.

But it did take a nice chip out of my board once on a crash.
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-16-2008, 10:55 PM Reply   
this may be a dumb question but, do you really need a carbon fiber handle for wakeboarding? is the weight really that much of an issue? You arent really even holding the handle up, it is dragging you across the water at 20+mph.