Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (brooklynboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-22-2006, 6:19 AM Reply   
I have a chance to pick up and '04 Supra Launch LTS at a good price. I looking for some feedback from people who have experience with this boat. What is the wakeboard/surf wake like? How much weight are people using w/ this boat? Any weird characteristics of the boat or things to look out for? I do ski still and know this is thier ski model with tower and ballast. So I'm fairly confident the ski wake will be good. However, I'm not finding much info on the wake, etc.. for wakeboarding/surfing. I'll be taking it on the water in the next week or so and wanted some feedback to consider till then. Thanks!
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-22-2006, 8:54 AM Reply   
from the looks of it, it looks very similar to the moomba outback which i had last year. my outback with like 1200lbs and 5-6 people threw up a really nice wake. but it was really crowded and the LTS is like 6-8" shorter. but the wake will be fine for surfing and boarding.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-22-2006, 9:14 AM Reply   
The LTS has a nice intermediat wakeboarding wake. I personally loved it for wakeskating. The transition isn't quite as much on the wake but it had a really nice lip to it. With full ballast and 5-6 people you should have a fairly good wake-plenty big enough for some of the basic inverts and spins.
Old     (johnbowen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-23-2006, 7:46 AM Reply   
i own a 2004 LTS, which i bought last year at a great price. Here's my opinion:

-very nice interior
-build quality on mine is suspect. Lots of loose nuts/bolts, connections, etc. Could be just mine. Prop shaft alignment was way wacked out (had to shift the engine 20 mm to the right to get it correct).
-Water comes over the front easily, if you are not careful.
-Front "playpen" bow is way small.
-Handles great.
-Good wake
-OK amount of room, given it is a direct drive.

Given the knowledge I have now I'm not sure I would buy it again. I paid 32,000 for it, with no hours on the boat, which included heater, perfect pass and a swing-away trailer tongue. MSRP was 42,000 i believe.

My wife loves the boat, but she is not nearly as picky as I am. I've since put in a shower, installed an acme 3 blade nibral prop, a subwoofer, four tower speakers and a bunch of LED lighting.

If i had the same opportunity now, I'd buy the new Supra 20 foot V drive. better storage, deeper gunwales, better wake, etc. Probably would have been 6K more, maybe.

Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-23-2006, 9:26 AM Reply   
john you sound like me last year. last year i decided one day i was gonna go buy a boat. so i went out and basicaly bought the first thing i saw. i really liked the layout of a v drive but didn't wanna spend $36k so i spent $30k on a new moomba outback, with a tower, heater, EFI, and a few other goodies. and it was a great boat. but then it got crowded really quick, between the motor in the middle and fat sacks everywhere, and i didn't have a perfect pass. so after the summer i traded it in and got an XLV with every option i could want.

my point is that a few thousand dollars on a boat should be make or break. get what you want and what will make you happy in the long run. $5000 will only add $50 a month to your payment. $1000 will add like $100. so if you can pay $300 a month than $350 shouldnt break the bank
Old     (brooklynboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-24-2006, 3:07 PM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback! I'm going out on the water with it this week. Thanks for the heads-up on the quality issue. I'll have to check everything out really well. The fact that it seems the Launch LTS had a limited life worries me some. Don't know if this was do to low sales or change in marketing strategy. Anyway, the test drive should clear things up. Thanks again for the feedback!