Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-10-2012, 8:53 AM Reply   
this is my current boat for those that wanted to see, i am still debating between ordering the rz2 or g23 and thanks everyone for all of your comments in my other thread
Attached Images

Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-10-2012, 9:03 AM Reply   
a couple more
Attached Images

Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-10-2012, 9:06 AM Reply   
Already an entire thread on this subject. My opinion not even the same boat types. More like apples to oranges. Looks like a 226 you have there. Super clean nice boat.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-10-2012, 9:07 AM Reply   
1 more
Attached Images

Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-10-2012, 9:10 AM Reply   
actually the other thread debate is my thread i started, this is just one with some pics of my current rig/setup/tow vehicle, thanks
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-10-2012, 9:37 AM Reply   
g23 all day
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-10-2012, 11:32 AM Reply   
Nice looking boat,really clean.Should be easy to sell.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       12-10-2012, 11:49 AM Reply   
Should've posted these pics in the boat pic thread and not started a new thread to stir the pot...

Nice boat, good luck with your decision.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-10-2012, 12:24 PM Reply   
Mike curious man I have been thinking about a local 226. How do you weight that thing and what is the wakeboard wake like? I love the size of this boat and the set up. Is there anything you dont like or would change about this boat?
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-10-2012, 12:34 PM Reply   
mine is actually a 07 sv211 team edition, really well built great quality boat, i really have enjoyed it, great combo boat, awesome for slalom which i dont do but some friends do, and has been great for wakeboarding and wakesurfing, are there better out there for the latter, yes, which im being a little selfish here but i dont ski so wakeboard and surf are for me so I am debating on getting a more specific boat for what I enjoy, but again, this boat is a great combo boat and does everything good but doesnt excell at one particular thing, which i guess is what they designed it for, but its paid for and only has 162 hours so i will take that change and write a check for the difference for a rz2 or g23 whichever i decide when i get ready to dive in.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-10-2012, 12:37 PM Reply   
Have a feeling this is going to turn into a "for sale" thread and it will look accidental..

You're so sly.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-10-2012, 1:31 PM Reply   
no actually it wont, and u can quote me, just wanted to share what i was coming from with everyone, i have a buyer lined up when I get ready to let it go, well of course its not done til money in hand, but anyway, if i want to sell it I will make a for sale thread in the proper forum but thanks for your concern
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            12-10-2012, 1:37 PM Reply   
Whats size truck is that? Just wondering in case ur getting the G23
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-10-2012, 2:07 PM Reply   
Thats a 1/2 ton (1500) chev!

beauty boat and truck!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-10-2012, 2:48 PM Reply   
Chevy v. Ford Ecoboost v. diesel. Here it comes!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-10-2012, 3:04 PM Reply   
You forgot Jeep vs. Land Rover too.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-10-2012, 5:46 PM Reply   
Jason, thanks for the compliments man, I really appreciate it,,,,, it amazes me the amount of haters and people that r really immature and childlike on this forum, I just expected the wakeboard community to b a lot more respectful and friendly, I haven't been a member for long on here but it amazes me some of the responses and comments I have received on the few threads I started, just figured people of our means and interests would b more supportive of each other and a friendlier group of people, really disappointing to b honest with u, feel like there r several 16 yr olds on here, hell I'm 34 and the way some members on here act it makes me feel old
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       12-10-2012, 5:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEnNC View Post
Jason, thanks for the compliments man, I really appreciate it,,,,, it amazes me the amount of haters and people that r really immature and childlike on this forum, I just expected the wakeboard community to b a lot more respectful and friendly, I haven't been a member for long on here but it amazes me some of the responses and comments I have received on the few threads I started, just figured people of our means and interests would b more supportive of each other and a friendlier group of people, really disappointing to b honest with u, feel like there r several 16 yr olds on here, hell I'm 34 and the way some members on here act it makes me feel old
Yup, you can definately tell its winter

The boat is a beauty, looks to be in great shape. I've kept out of your other thread for obvious reasons but kept up on it Have you made a decision yet or gone to give a sea trial yet?? Good luck on the decision and on this sale when the time comes around!!
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       12-10-2012, 5:54 PM Reply   
Oh, and if the Chevy was a diesel, it'd be a beeauty too Pretty slick rig!!!!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       12-10-2012, 5:59 PM Reply   
Nice looking boat. Almost bought one, but couldn't sell the wife on the chopped up interior.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-11-2012, 3:47 AM Reply   
Do you currently store your 211 inside or outside? How do you plan to store your putty
Possible G23 or RZ2?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-11-2012, 3:48 AM Reply   
Sharp looking boat, Mike! I like the black/white tux look on the tower speakers.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-11-2012, 5:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
The irony of this message combined with the way you type.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-11-2012, 5:50 AM Reply   
Love the boat. Buddy had one for a couple summers - loaded down with weight it made a nice wake! Surfed well too.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       12-11-2012, 6:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Chevy v. Ford Ecoboost v. diesel. Here it comes!
SO TRUE. It is amazing how it even matters what you tow it with as long as it gets you there and back.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            12-11-2012, 7:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexasBoy View Post
SO TRUE. It is amazing how it even matters what you tow it with as long as it gets you there and back.
I only asked bc a 5.3 lets say as an example may struggle pulling a G23 through the mountains. Maybe itll be fine, dont know. but i do know 3 guys who upgraded their trucks after buying the G23.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-11-2012, 8:15 AM Reply   
The choice you have is like choosing a pair of thigh high stockings or a pair of tights. They both do the exact same thing, but, but they have a completely different purpose...
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-13-2012, 6:03 PM Reply   
Thanks for the compliments guys
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-16-2012, 6:58 PM Reply   
How long have you owned that boat and where did you buy it? Was it used? Did you put all the hours on it?
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-17-2012, 4:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmods View Post
How long have you owned that boat and where did you buy it? Was it used? Did you put all the hours on it?
Hey, Mike, just trying to understand your current ride. Any way you could answer these? Thanks.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-17-2012, 6:47 PM Reply   
Actually these questions have nothing to do with "understanding" my current ride but I put about half the hours on it and purchased it from a boat dealer couple years ago.
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-17-2012, 9:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Actually these questions have nothing to do with "understanding" my current ride but I put about half the hours on it and purchased it from a boat dealer couple years ago.
Sorry Mike, I was reading the other thread and since its winter I'm bored. Some of your questions made me wonder how long you've been doing this. Then I re read this thread, and maybe you're not complaining about it, but feel you need a more wakeboard specific boat, not a ski/compromise boat.
Hmm, so I look at the hours and year, wow that's low. I do that every year. Then I notice the trailer, now it's just a trailer and maybe just the trailer came from Oregon. But perhaps you weren't the original owner so I asked some questions.
Maybe it's not your first boat? But from the other thread it sounds like it might be. At minimum your experience with your current boat is limited.
I had a 210 before I got my current ride. If my two 400lb buddies I love to bring for ballast fit better in it I would still own it. It's as precise as a Rolex and has an excellent wake. Surfs great too, just tiny inside. I haven't water skied since 1993 so I can't say if it was good for that.
My new boat sounds like exactly what you want but honestly if I were you and it's not a size/space issue I would wait for the upgrade and focus more on riding and boating then buying the coolest wake boat on the market. Then you may have a better shot at getting a boat that will make you happy. Another thing about just using your boat is you will make friends out on the water and get to drive and ride just about every one, at least that's been my experience over the years. And boat guys love to talk boats so you will get real feedback on their experience with their boats. This site is an excellent tool to gain knowledge, but the best knowledge here is from people who have gone out and done it, and while some of it is factual based a lot of it is opinion and what "feels" right.
Another point I haven't seen is that if you don't do your own maintenance you will need to have a relationship with the dealer, so if one dealership fits you better it could sway your buying decision. You may already have a relationship with the Nautique dealer?

Anyways, it's passed a few more minutes of winter.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-18-2012, 9:33 AM Reply   
oh, makes sense, just seemed like odd questions, but thanks for info and suggestions