Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Andrew14)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-12-2011, 8:51 AM Reply   
Hello All,

Have a few maintenance issues with my "new to me" 2008 SANTE 210 (290 Hrs, bought it with 265 Hrs...have had it for about 3 months now) that I was hoping I could get a few ideas on before I ended up taking it to the stealer. From reading through previous posts, I think I might have a few ideas of what the culprit might be for some of my issues, but some of them I am completely clueless on. Any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you in advance.

PS: Since I am the 3rd owner (first owner had it for 15 hours - purchased new at Nautiques of Orlando), CC informed me my boat is no longer under warranty even though its only 3 years old and has 290 hours on it - next boat, I'm getting one under warranty...I didn't know any better this go around (only my 2nd boat):

1. Loud Squeaking/Squealing Noise coming from the engine - Just started noticing it about 6 weeks ago, it has progressively gotten louder. I use to only hear it when I opened the rear engine compartment and now I can hear it with everything closed up. Noticeable at idle, I think engine noise drowns it out once the boat is underway.

Possible Problems - Bearings gone bad on one of the pulleys, needs a new belt, and/or belt needs to be tightened??

2. Little Bit of White Smoke coming out from the exhaust when getting a rider up under load (ballast) - Just noticed this for the first time Sunday.

Possible Problems - Needs a new Impeller and/or Water Strainer needs to be cleaned??

3. Engine/Tranny Sounds Like a Can of Rocks - Have noticed a "Can of Rocks" noise when boat is put into gear and is moving very slowly in forward or reverse (very low rpm, just easing along). Once the gear shift is pushed up a bit where the boat is moving at 2.5-3.0 mph or faster, noise goes away.

Possible Problems - I have no clue, this one scares me more than the rest of my issues.

4. Howling Noise When Getting Rider Up if The Steering Wheel is Not Straight - When I go to get a rider up (under load, with ballast) and the steering wheel is not straight, then there is a pretty loud howl and the wheel is difficult to turn in order to get it back to a neutral position where the boat is tracking straight.

Possible Problems - Needs a new steering cable?

Thanks guys, really appreciate your help. I know that if I have to take it in, its going to hurt the wallet so would like to try do what repairs I can on my own.