Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-19-2008, 7:38 AM Reply   
Hey everyone! Just wanted to share my stokedness with everyone about my two new cameras.

The day before yesterday I ordered my new video Camera! After about 4 months of looking at all the camera's that would fit in my budget and be the best possible for what I am doing, I decided to order the Canon Vixia HF100 and have it overnighted! I got it yesterday and let me just say that this camera is sweet! After taking several small random test shots and playing with the footage in Final Cut, I am way impressed with it! I am going out riding with friends today so hopefully, by this weekend, I can post my edited video of the afternoon!

The same day I ordered the camera, I decided to go out and get me a nice little point and shoot camera! My reasoning for this is that I just don't focus on photography as much as I focus on video. (I edit video for a living.) I had a point and shoot that was an old school 5 megapixel camera from sony but it had just died. I also had a really nice P880 from Kodak(8MP). It was probably the closest thing at the time to getting a DSLR without actually getting a DSLR! It was and still is an awesome camera but I just don't use it because it is so big. SO ANYWAYS, I went with the FUJIFILM Finepix J10! It is super tiny and puts out great clear pictures. Plus as a bonus it is the highest pixel count of all the cameras i have owned (barely) at 8.2 MP. I can't speak enough of how impressive this little thing is. It is super responsive and always seems to put out a clear picture. I know it doesn't touch all the nice gear some of you guys have but it suits me just fine.

So does anyone else have any of these? How many Canon fans are on this site? What about Fujifilm?

Sorry for the pointless rambling on...I'm just really stoked!