Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (16igordon)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-10-2013, 5:46 AM Reply   
At our local dealer they just got in a 2006 21 XTI with only 55 hours- this caught my eye. But, I am a bit worried about the size because we were originally looking at 23 footers.

Does anyone know what the wake is like on the 21 xti? As well as the wakesurfing wake?

Also any comments or personal opinions of this boat would be great.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-10-2013, 7:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16igordon View Post
At our local dealer they just got in a 2006 21 XTI with only 55 hours- this caught my eye. But, I am a bit worried about the size because we were originally looking at 23 footers.

Does anyone know what the wake is like on the 21 xti? As well as the wakesurfing wake?

Also any comments or personal opinions of this boat would be great.
Makes a fine wake with stock ballast and wedge for the recreational to upper intermediate rider. Surfable. Personally I like the boat, haven't owned one but have spent some time in it. It feels pretty good, deep and big
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-10-2013, 7:27 AM Reply   
The boat is decent for beginner to intermediate wakeboarders. Really nice clean wakes. Keep in mind it's still a direct drive ( engine in the middle) with more of a v drive layout. It's a great concept for someone looking for a direct drive ski boat with the features and seating of a v drive.

However it's a terrible concept for a wakeboat/surfboat. While it gives you the seating aspect. You loose a ton of storage compared to a v drive for extra ballast/sacs. You have nowhere in the there to hide the bigger sacs so they will be all over the seats n floor. Especially if you are surfing. Obviously space is a concern of yours looking at 23ft'rs. To me the XTI is the perfect skiers wakeboat, but not the best wakeboat for a wakeboarded.

Last edited by xstarrider; 09-10-2013 at 7:29 AM.
Old     (16igordon)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-11-2013, 6:41 AM Reply   
Okay I did some research and found the same thing you guys are saying- it is not a good wakesurfing wake. But, is it surfable? We are beginning surfers, and want to be able to actually surf for real (instead of holding a 15ft rope behind out i/o). So, with stock ballasts & wedge, is it possible?
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-11-2013, 7:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16igordon View Post
Okay I did some research and found the same thing you guys are saying- it is not a good wakesurfing wake. But, is it surfable? We are beginning surfers, and want to be able to actually surf for real (instead of holding a 15ft rope behind out i/o). So, with stock ballasts & wedge, is it possible?
Yes.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-11-2013, 7:42 AM Reply   
The back seating area is big enough to put thousands of pounds of sacs in if you want to so yes you can surf it. It can be really nice having the rear lounge area. The trick to that design, and I have a Sanger with the same kind of layout, is that you are use the one walkway from front to back a lot so someone often seems to have to move their legs. The D-drive is more fun to drive and you could usually get the boat for a significant discount off the V-drive version. It's really easy to surf behind mine.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-11-2013, 8:28 AM Reply   
the wake is great on that boat.....for slalom skiing