Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old    110outlet            04-17-2008, 7:29 PM Reply   
I would just like to here peoples opinions on this board, as the owner of the shop ive started riding for is really trying to push me to ride this board, and im not really sure why. I havent heard much on this board. Ive read the stats, but i was hoping anyone that has hit the water with it may have some info on it, or at least compare it to other boards.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-17-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
Great board, I love mine.

Greg Nelson always does a great job with his shapes, just look at his Double up boards. The hybrid rocker is amazing, the cupped rails rock(I ride it finless), the center spine gives it butter landings, and it breaks loose very well when you want it to. I love the board, and think it is very under rated. Mike Schwenne is on it right now I believe.

http://hyperlite.com/schwene
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-17-2008, 7:48 PM Reply   
My son started the year on the Pulse, switched to the B-Side and now on the Tribute, loves it.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-17-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
I demo'd the tribute and love it, by far the best board ive ridden so far, not to say theres not better but for what i like it was perfect. At first i rode a 144 faction and liked it, then i switched to a 137 tribute and was getting much higher when in theory i should of gotton more pop with the larger board. The board holds a great edge, landings are soft, the only bad thing i can say is in rougher water it was kind of squirly compared to the faction.
Bottom line is im getting the tribute for sure. A lot of shop guys ive been talking to either say great things about the tribute or actually ride them themselves. I hear most of the nor-cal hyperlite sponsored guys are on the tribute now too.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-20-2008, 9:34 PM Reply   
Chris is riding the 137 Tribute and raves about it as well. And he has only ridden it in a dry suit this winter.
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-21-2008, 12:08 AM Reply   
I rode the old Double up Nelson back in the day which is basically the same shape. It rode pretty good. Just know that the Tribute is a remake of an old shape.
Old     (5150)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-21-2008, 12:52 PM Reply   
the tribute is a poppier remake of double up summit
Old    110outlet            04-21-2008, 5:32 PM Reply   
Great all the info gives me a way better idea of what im in for.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-21-2008, 5:38 PM Reply   
its a super smooth board. smoothest board ive ever ridden.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-21-2008, 6:34 PM Reply   
The tribute is like the summit/pure ride/jeff mckee boards. The tribute has a slightly different fin set up, the board is a half inch bigger, has a bigger more abrupt rocker, and has a big center spine for soft landings. I use to own the jeff mckee double up but the pop wasnt the greatest but rode really nice. The new tribute has tons of pop and still has the smooth feeling as the jeff mckee.

Now hyperlite needs to bring back the delta with a wider profile, bigger rocker, and rails like the tribute and that board would own.
Old     (rob_corum)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-22-2008, 7:14 PM Reply   
fun shape, fast and loose. and if you don't like a loose board then just strap on the fins. it reminds me of the old J-Star Lyman