Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (nyelland)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-15-2008, 7:55 AM Reply   
I have an 05 Lighting C4 and I just recived a wind dam from fineline ind. I want to know how to install and the best locations. How did you mount the channels? What is the best locations, ect. If you have pics of your wind dams that would be great. Thanks
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-15-2008, 9:15 AM Reply   
You should call fineline and ask them.
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-15-2008, 11:13 AM Reply   
most boats do it under the bottom edge of the folding section of the windshield so it will be a total seal. I am sure someone nice enough will post some pics from their boat. Let me know how it turns out I need to add a wind dam to my centurion too.
Old     (epic_peachland)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-16-2008, 12:11 PM Reply   
If I was at my boat I would grab a pic... like already said make sure it lines up with the bottom of the windshield and that you dont put to much of an angle on it...there is a how to on wakeside rides.
Old     (rubin)      Join Date: May 2006       03-16-2008, 6:01 PM Reply   
Hey, how much did they charge you for that and who did you order it through? We've been thinking about getting one for our avalanche
Old     (nyelland)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-16-2008, 7:51 PM Reply   
Just installed it and it was pretty easy. I will post some pictures. it cost $169.00
Old     (jpuckett)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-16-2008, 7:59 PM Reply   
The wind dam does make quite a difference. I have one in my new boat. But the biggest thing that we like as far as extras is the heater.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       03-16-2008, 9:38 PM Reply   
I made this one from a sheet of plexi i got at OSH for $38
It isn't super pretty but the window closes and the wind gets blocked, the sangers come with rails from the factory, this was the first shot so all the grubby fingerprints are off it now.

Having a belt/disk sander helped with getting the corners rounded and smooth

Upload

(Message edited by chilidog on March 16, 2008)