Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-12-2011, 10:58 PM Reply   
Is anyone aware of an on-line manual for the M2n? Picked one up in awesome shape, low shutter count (a bit less than 12k) for 750.00! Unfortunately, it doesn't have instructions..
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-12-2011, 11:25 PM Reply   
user manual- http://www.usa.canon.com/uploadedima...MarkIIN_WP.pdf

software- http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/suppor...ersAndSoftware

I've been using one for about 5 years now...if you have an questions feel free to ask.

Also, only Canon can check the shutter count on the 1d2n. The last time someone swore that a piece of software could read the shutter count mine registered like 32K, and I'm well beyond 150K.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-12-2011, 11:47 PM Reply   
That is awesome! Thank you!..

Yeah, the count is from Canon. The shutter failed at 73k and CPS replaced it. I've heard people say that canon won't give you the count, but it's listed on the return paperwork. I felt it was a pretty solid deal with two factory batteries.Bodies in great shape and I can't believe how accurate this thing focuses.. it snaps.

One question:
Could they have made the menu more inconvenient?
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-13-2011, 12:11 PM Reply   
HA! Yeah, navigating through the menus is a gigantic PITA. Setting the personal and custom functions is the worst. Thankfully, I really only use the menu to change the LCD brightness and format the cards so the annoyance is kept to a minimum.
Old     (russian)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-16-2011, 11:44 AM Reply   
What I don't get is why cant canon make it so we can tell the shutter count? Nikon's do, makes no sense to me as this a major selling point in the used market.

Scott, I thought the cancount software worked for the II,dsII an IIN?
Also, didnt the shutter just go out on yours? did you have it replaced yet, Id be curious to know the count at failure.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-16-2011, 8:38 PM Reply   
Well, the Cancount software wasn't working for me, I guess.

My shutter went out last spring and I've had it replaced. When I picked it up from the shop they claimed that they forgot to ask about the shutter count. Maybe I'll email Canon and see if I get a response...
Old     (russian)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-17-2011, 11:19 AM Reply   
I must be losin it, i didn't think it was last spring that your shutter went out....
I've read that it's sometimes on the invoice for the repair work
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-17-2011, 5:44 PM Reply   
I remember the original version of Cancount worked with 1 series bodies, they upgraded it and replaced the free download with a new version and then all of a sudden it didn't work with 1 series bodies anymore just the rest.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-18-2011, 8:59 PM Reply   
Ahh, that makes sense, RIch. I was wondering why there were so many people online claiming that it worked when others were getting inaccurate readings.

Russian- it was last spring because I shot the spring Convergence with a rental 1D4.