Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-26-2006, 10:56 PM Reply   
can anyone suggest a lake or river with campgrounds within 2-3 hours los angeles ? (too hot for parker / marthinez/blythe)

any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks,

mike
Old     (badbob13ftw)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-27-2006, 5:20 AM Reply   
buena vista is close ...small man made lake real busy on weekends campgrounds are nice, has a pen for jet skis, lots of flies
Old     (bobbym)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-27-2006, 8:38 AM Reply   
I've been to BV plenty. Nice campgrounds, easy all around.

Over the years I've camped at piru, perris, pryamid and BV. BV is by far the best.

I've heard a little bit about success lake. Anyone ever been?
Old     (mo_scrilla)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-27-2006, 6:00 PM Reply   
Go another hour and try Lake San Antoino.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-28-2006, 9:42 AM Reply   
BV definitely has the nicest campgrounds out of the places Bobby m mentioned. real tough to get a waterfront though. you can only book like 16 weeks out, and there is only one person taking reservations. best to go off season there. thats when we go.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-28-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
excellent conditions midweek mornings! I'll be camping out there and riding T/W/Th if anyone wants to catch a pull!
Old     (kslakebum)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-28-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
I have been to Success Lake, outside of Porterville. Everytime I am out there (to visit the relatives) we always seem to have to wake up at the crack of dawn just to get nice water on the weekends. The week days seem not be as crowded. And since it is fed from the mountains, the lake is sometimes low in October times. Camping there is nice, for being in California.
Old     (badbob13ftw)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-29-2006, 8:02 PM Reply   
also have been to succes have to pull the boat at nites... week is fine weekends crowded w/local workers on the beach...was at San Antonio last week was ggggggreat m-f water is way up ... highest ive seen in uuhhmmm 37 yrs +-

noon tues
Upload
noon wed
Upload