Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-09-2008, 7:10 PM Reply   
...because if you didn't, you missed the best day in a month or so.

95 degees and flat water.

Thanks Scotty and Andrea for the pulls.

I didn't get pics of everyone, and, my pictures suck! oh well.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-09-2008, 7:29 PM Reply   
I rode it yesterday. For a Sunday it was amazing, Victoria was flat in the afternoon after the wind died down. Oh'Man are my legs sore...
Old    walt            06-09-2008, 7:45 PM Reply   
The wake looks great and nice shots.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-09-2008, 8:10 PM Reply   
You found good water yesterday eh Mike? I was on vics from 10AM to close to noon. It was not good. I guess we left too early.

I'm loving their 215 wake. It's perfect.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-09-2008, 8:21 PM Reply   
We seem to be in that 1.5 to 2 days with wind and then a day off pattern right now. The wind literally went dead about 2:00 sunday afternoon J-Rod, I've seen that happen so many times but it's still kind of amazing how fast it goes. Glad you got to enjoy it today.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-09-2008, 8:31 PM Reply   
Yep. Looks like the wind will ramp up again tomorrow and get really bad on wed.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-09-2008, 8:39 PM Reply   
damn, i miss the delta.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-09-2008, 8:39 PM Reply   
yea. the official CIE flag girl. shes a cutie
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-10-2008, 3:02 AM Reply   
man i rode victoria sunday and it was butter, i looked this morning and it was so nice.... but i had to do calculas homework..lame. tommarow i think im going to head out for a sesh if the wind dies.. wierd wind conditions though
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-10-2008, 3:06 AM Reply   

quote:

By Michael ImObersteg (kickflip_mj) on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 3:02 am:

man i rode victoria sunday and it was butter, i looked this morning and it was so nice.... but i had to do calculas homework..lame. tommarow i think im going to head out for a sesh if the wind dies.. wierd wind conditions though

i think instead of riding, you should study some more.

just messin' dude...i'm just jealous!
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-10-2008, 3:09 AM Reply   
ahaha i hate school sometimes and im deffinitly going to get my sesh in:-) i got stuck taking calculas over again bc i got a C- instead of a C so i have to spend a month of my summer juggling school and boarding..... what a life i have.
Old     (gitair77)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-10-2008, 6:14 AM Reply   
I road Vic,s till noon on Sunday. Afternoon was north near Bethel Island. Monday was glass everywhere we went.......Fantastic Dirty "D"
Old     (seaswirlmike)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-10-2008, 7:50 AM Reply   
ill vouch for monday from 4pm till 8pm being awsome on twin's. little disappointing we had to share both sides with maybe 3 other boats and a couple of ducks hahaha
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-10-2008, 7:54 AM Reply   
got out to railroads at about 5pm on sat. no winds - glass all night. 0 boats.
rode till about 830pm.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-10-2008, 8:35 AM Reply   
Yeah Jarrod, yesterday was so fun! Gotta get it while the gettin is good these days, I even rode another set after we dropped you guys off and I am happily sore today.

Gracie rocked as flag girl, you have to bring her out everytime now:-)
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-10-2008, 8:36 AM Reply   
sunday nite was the best day of the year so far. and last nite was pretty sick on vics
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-10-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
Looks nice, we left Vics too early on Sunday also, oh well still had fun. I knew yesterday was the day while on my way to work
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-10-2008, 9:29 AM Reply   
Nice shots! Man I wish I can just skip work on the fly or have some weekdays off. You guys are lucky!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-10-2008, 9:30 AM Reply   
hahah...i work everyday...it just happens that my homies live there
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       06-10-2008, 9:44 AM Reply   
Umali...let me know if you're heading up north anytime soon. Maybe I can tag along...I haven't rode the Dirty D in a LONG time...would be good to get away.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-10-2008, 10:14 AM Reply   
Rub it in some more JR!!

We were coming in and you guys were heading out Sunday!
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-10-2008, 10:25 AM Reply   
Doug- Scott was out sunday morning like you were and he said it wasn't that good, but by the time I got off work sunday afternoon the wind had died and it was super hot. I was stewing and pouting all night because he didn't want to go back out. Luckily yesterday was good or I would have gone crazy! Our friend the wind is def. back today

JR- your homies have the best set up possible for evenings when the wind dies all of a sudden like on Sun. Next time that happens I'm calling you guys.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-10-2008, 10:31 AM Reply   
damn... wish i could be gettin out on the Delta... i was stoked about 70 degree water and 75 degree air in good ol Wisconsin last night haha

by the way Andrea, that Parks handle from the Xmas Giveaway Thread, is still AWESOME! thanks again!
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-10-2008, 10:38 AM Reply   
Ben- glad you love it!
Old     (jd5150)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-10-2008, 10:51 AM Reply   
Sunday was better than yesterday. From about 3 to 9 it was dead calm. we each took 2 sets then bbq'd and watchd the Celtics and my man Paul Pierce slap the Lakers!!yeah! you feel me maroki?

Andrea-- I told you guys just give me a call...you and scott are always welcome to come ride with us!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-10-2008, 11:03 AM Reply   
Sunday nite was super legit. Me joel n ry took 2 sets each. got back for the 2nd half of the game, set up the grill by the back door, pulled joels tv out onto the hot tub and watched the game outside while i cooked and we all just chilled....

WAY LEGIT
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-10-2008, 11:07 AM Reply   
HAHHAHA i'm for sure feelin a repeat tonite. i bought enough goods the other nite to do it again son
Old     (stachiestach)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-10-2008, 11:13 AM Reply   
Yesterday was great, it was nice to share vics with you guys. Me, Jpod, and BT were out on my charcoal VLX. Unfortunately we had to get in a screaming match with that dude out there in that little outboard boat, going the opposite way on the slough. He sprayed our boat because we made the turn at the south end. After a little conversation he bounced and didn't come back. Overall super fun day, see you guys out there soon.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-10-2008, 11:17 AM Reply   
hey who want to go ride today??? lol that wind is insane
Old     (rene)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-10-2008, 11:34 AM Reply   
Nice!!
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-10-2008, 11:38 AM Reply   
Oh my gosh a Rene sighting
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-10-2008, 1:27 PM Reply   
Rene!!! where ya been dood?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-10-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
Hey Stephen. Nice riding from your boat.

I think this is you.

A rider sprayed your boat?

Upload
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-10-2008, 1:31 PM Reply   
Nice. Wake looks mackin. Are there no laws requiring the little ones to wear a vest in CA?
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       06-10-2008, 1:35 PM Reply   
man looks great sunday was awesome after about 2 as said. but man i think we were the only boat not rippin huge power turns. I usually make the turn to at the south end but havent said rich said the cops would be enforcing it. He was right there was a po po sitting there right after you make the turn he was just waiting for people to f- up
Old     (stachiestach)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-10-2008, 1:38 PM Reply   
ya we made the turn at the end of vics and this dude started screaming yelling 5 mph; so we just waved and laughed. Sure enough as we were sitting about half way down they drove by and the old man was skiing and sprayed our boat (no respect at all). So me and Jpod decided to go have some words with them and talk about courtesy; so we drove up and there and had a bit of a confrontation. The guy ended up not saying anything once we pulled up, and they took off. Never saw them again. Its funny having newbees telling you the rules of the delta when we are out there a couple times a week, as he was driving the opposite way on vics on a butter day.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-10-2008, 2:02 PM Reply   
damn thanks Nick. On weekdays, we have been powering through that turn, unless we see boats there of course.

Honestly though, good luck getting that ticket to stick in court with NO signs or bouys at all. That sounds easily beatable, unless you have threaded between boats and caused an unsafe situation.

On the weekends of course, we avoid that area entirely.

Nice....enforcing the rule a the turn, but not giving a crap about the directional rule. Spraying a boat is never okay. I don't care what the other boat has done.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-10-2008, 2:10 PM Reply   
we smash thru that turn on weekdays as well. we saw those skiers last nite as well. they didnt really have a clue as to what the hell they were doing.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       06-10-2008, 3:54 PM Reply   
j-rod they actually pulled one of the old 5mph signs up from the bottom of the d or something theres one now on the right side on the levy. I just had a funny feeling and didnt turn thru that time boy was i glad. I think i saw you guys coming back in the older cie boat when we were heading out there by the bridge.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-10-2008, 6:11 PM Reply   
No, Night's on Monday was the best water I've ever seen, like a sheet of glass!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-10-2008, 6:31 PM Reply   
I believe in Cali. it's twelve and under must wear a lifevest at all times on the boat Matt, so to answer your question, yes it's a law.
Old     (rdmb)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-10-2008, 6:39 PM Reply   
12 and under while the vessel is "under way".
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-10-2008, 7:07 PM Reply   
"UNDERWAY- Not anchored, tied to shore or aground; making progress through the water"
So basicaly if the boat is free floating in the water, it's considered underway.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-10-2008, 7:13 PM Reply   
Easy hi jacker. They are responsible boaters and im sure there is an easy explanation for it.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-10-2008, 7:27 PM Reply   
The CC Sheriff stopped by the island on Memorial Day to see how we are doing. My wife thinks she's John Walsh/AMW or something and likes to give them a hard time and advice about catching the guys who have been looting the island. Anyhow I did ask them if the 5 is in effect given the buoys/signs not being there and they said it's no different then a speed limit sign missing on a road - ignorance of the law/no excuse . . . . . anyway you get the picture. You might be able to beat it in court but it's probably better to just not do it on the weekends when they're lurking there.

I've seen that old guy skiing, in fact he ran the 5 in front of the island last time I was there so I don't know where he gets off hassling anyone. The one direction thing really started with wakeboarding in the mid 90's, we used to go every which way up and down there in the 80's when there was way less boats.

Being able to make that turn when it's not crowded is great but keep in mind the risk with the law. They may quit enforcing it someday if there are no accidents and when/if our cabins/docks are gone but in the mean time I still think it's risky & dangerous on the crowded weekends.

Has anyone noticed the shallow spot has moved off the turn and is now well into the open area right in front of our island? If that continues to build up and starts growing something besides the grass that's showing now at low tide Victoria may get extended!
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-10-2008, 7:42 PM Reply   
are you guys talking about the turn at the end by the houses?? man those signs are always gone. on sunday i had a good set going down, i was riding vics and there was a sherrif boat just chillen in the middle, as we started to pass the sheriff come out of the cabin and did the cut off sign so we stoped the boat, his exact words were " when my blue lights are on stop the boat" he looked pissed, the really gay part is his lights wernt on at all and he jacked my clean run. besides the point that hecktic out there.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-11-2008, 5:36 AM Reply   
i got a ticket there a few weeks ago for smashin from secret past the houses onto vics. the boys were really quite nice ab it. he asked us what we were doing and we told him. no more 5mph signs so we didnt think we had to slow down. he said thats all fine and dandy but within 200ft of a moored vessel the speed limit is 5mph. so he wrote me a ticket and now we know and we went on our way.

so now i'm confused as to what rich posted ab the 5's being missing or not posted cuz from what i was told by the sheriff is that as long as theres no boats tied up to the docks then you can go as fast as you think is safe thru there.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-11-2008, 7:17 AM Reply   
"within 200ft of a moored vessel "

What a joke. You could have a hundred cops writing tickets all day at the delta if this were to be enforced. Is Vics even 200 feet wide?
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-11-2008, 7:27 AM Reply   
Is that blue sky I see? I don't recall what it looks like....

Looks like a great time out there! Glad you guys got some weather!
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       06-11-2008, 7:38 AM Reply   
After some long discussions with the Sheriffs (bad memories from last season) it goes something like this. Any legally posted 5mph or no wake zone you are required to adhere to the posting with in 200 ft of the posted area. Any vessel anchored or moored (tied to a dock) you must slow to a speed that will not create a wake that may cause damage to the vessels anchored or moored. If you cause any damage you legally can be liable for the damage. Then the infamous Blue lights on the Sheriff's boat. Any time they are on you must slow to 5 mph. And it is true if the posted 5 mph signs or boyes (sp) are missing it still remains your responsibility to know where the 5 mph areas are. That part just kills me.
The biggest offenders on the Delta are the big cabin cruiser that do not yeld to us smaller vessels. They are not supposed to blow by us with downed riders putting the smaller vessels in danger of taking on water or capsizing. I have only seen one ever get stopped by the Coast Guard.

(Message edited by deltariderscom on June 11, 2008)

(Message edited by deltariderscom on June 11, 2008)
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-11-2008, 9:53 AM Reply   
^^^ large cabin cruisers. I love how they go the wrong way down railroad at 10 mph and destroy us.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-11-2008, 10:12 AM Reply   
my parents have a big cabin cruzer and when they take it out they are nice enough to slow down every time:-) but they are getting rid of the yacht just because they are tired of the hassel of getting out disco and ever being able to open the boat up.lol wierd
Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       06-11-2008, 12:43 PM Reply   
What about the 5mph between Orwood and Discovery Bay? After they built that dock, a 5 mph sign was put up. Last year boats seemed to slow down for it. Now days now one slows down. Is it a legit 5?
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-11-2008, 12:51 PM Reply   
I believe the sign near Orwood says "5mph when boats are moored" or something along those lines
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-11-2008, 1:09 PM Reply   
yup... Not a 5 unless there are boats at the dock.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-11-2008, 3:27 PM Reply   
One of our club members got a ticket 5 years ago for pulling someone by the people beaching their boats at low tide on the return leg of victoria right there at the big cut based on that law Jrod mentioned above. (I sh@t you not!).
Old     (jd5150)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-12-2008, 9:32 AM Reply   
Everyone missed out last night....at 7:30 pm the wind was silent..water was still at 78 deg. and there was no one out on the water. It looked like it did on Sunday and MOnday. It was money!!
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       06-12-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
HOw long is the Delta? Does it get to busy to ride on the weekends with to many boats? It looks like endless butter.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       06-12-2008, 11:38 AM Reply   
over 1,000 mile of water ways. If you know the area you can always find a place with just a few boats if any.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-12-2008, 11:44 AM Reply   
The delta goes from Sacramento to Tracy and out to the bay. Hundreds of miles of sloughs. The ones you hear about on here (railroad, vics, grantline, ect.) are choice areas that are up to 3 miles long and roughly 200 feet wide. And yes virtually any day of the year you can find butter out there.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-12-2008, 11:58 AM Reply   
How deep is it out there out of curiosity?
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       06-12-2008, 12:08 PM Reply   
like 3-100 ft. you gotta know it or you could end up in dome trouble.

t doesnt just go from sac to tracy lik a river its a maze of sloughs from those places, Thats why theres so many miles.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-12-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
it varies, theres a daily tide of a couple feet. but I was watching a depth finder the other day and the highest I saw (not on plane) was 11.8 and the shalowest was 2.1 but there are deep water areas in the delta too. They bring in huge cargo ships down them
Old     (richnnorcal)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-12-2008, 1:21 PM Reply   
I've been jonesin to check out the delta with the family, wife and 2 boys 4 and 9. We've only been on the Sac river once near D-town and we normally go to folsom or a lake close by. Wanted to know where we could go in the delta for swim, tube and ride maybe some food and drink after...Oh, I probably will be launching out of Lodi, Stockton or Brannen Island since I'm in Elk Grove... Any advice would be appreciated. PS I'm pretty sure I'll stay away from Ski Beach, heard to many stories about that place on WW!
Thanks
Old     (dragginby)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-12-2008, 2:47 PM Reply   
Any word on how it is today? I'm in Livermore & it's hot and no wind.....bout to leave!
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-12-2008, 4:48 PM Reply   
I'm glad I read this thread, I have been blasting by the island at the end of Vics w/o slowing from both directions thinkin its all good, never with boats tied up tho,
So that area is still a 5, I guess you gotta drop the riders at the end and drag them around instead of whippiing the u like we been doing...

Oh and we saw the old guy slaloming out there on Saturday at about noon, shot us a mean dirty look and we were just driving, and this was south of the island down by that dredge, freakin elitists!!

(Message edited by chilidog on June 12, 2008)
Old     (dragginby)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-12-2008, 10:09 PM Reply   
Just got back... It was another great day. Only saw one douche bag powerturning...everytime
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-12-2008, 10:16 PM Reply   
rode sunday evening for the first time in 5 weeks (god that was an eternity !)

was nice as hell out then, still in the 80's and butter.

kept with my tradition of learning a new trick each time i'm out too ! hello TS FS Stalefish 180's !
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-13-2008, 7:19 AM Reply   
Ronnie- We probably just missed you guys out there. Yesterday was $$$! We gotta ride soon
Old     (dragginby)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-13-2008, 8:08 AM Reply   
Andrea - I saw your expedition parked. I thought I would see you guys, but didn't. We rode Vics. Only saw 1 boat until about 7. I'm down to ride any day after 3 except mondays and wednesday. Let me know when you and Scott got room.