Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (brian_young)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-17-2013, 6:45 PM Reply   
I'm going to a Hyperlite clinic next week, but they only allow HL boards to be ridden. I normally ride a LF Harley, what compares in the HL or Byerly line?
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-17-2013, 7:36 PM Reply   
Ride a Murray
Old     (brian_young)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-17-2013, 7:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun_murray View Post
Ride a Murray
Guess I can't argue with that....See you next week.
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-17-2013, 7:52 PM Reply   
Franchise
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-17-2013, 8:53 PM Reply   
Ya i would say franchise too
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       06-17-2013, 9:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_young View Post
Guess I can't argue with that....See you next week.
Haha....from the man himself....LOL

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-18-2013, 8:05 AM Reply   
The guy that said "ride a Murray", he doesn't know what he's talking about. Probably doesn't even wakeboard.

I've not ridden the Harley, but I would say you want to ride either the Franchise or…the Murray!
Old     (brian_young)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-18-2013, 8:43 AM Reply   
Looking at the HL website. Based off the descriptions, I'm leaning toward the B-Side.

For those who have not ridden a LF Harley. Its very fast, straight up 3 stage pop, some what loose. The Franchise is a continuous, which is not what I prefer. The Murray looks close, but I'm kind of in between sizes; 137 or 142 are the options.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-18-2013, 8:59 AM Reply   
I've never heard of a clinic where the sponsor makes you ride their brand. I'm curious to hear how this works out.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-18-2013, 9:00 AM Reply   
Bside is a negative ghost rider. Franchise is the way to go.
Old     (mpfiste2)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-18-2013, 9:07 AM Reply   
I'm guessing he is going to a Hyperlite Experience event. I went here in Nebraska this week. I had a great time riding with Kyle Alberts. I demo'd the Murray and was really impressed. I felt comfortable on the board right away. I think it is probably a bit looser than the Harley, but it had great pop. I liked the System bindings a lot more than I thought I would as well.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-18-2013, 9:48 AM Reply   
Brian, try the Franchise. You will be surprised at how hard it pops and how fast it is on the water. I always rode aggressive three stage boards and love how the Franchise performs. It is an awesome shape.
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       06-18-2013, 10:01 AM Reply   
My son has ridden a Harley the last two years and demo'ed a Byerly AR1 at wake camp recently. He really liked it, if they are available I will throw that one in as well as an option. He said it was really fast (comparatively) and had plenty of pop, and the landings were much softer. He weighs around 150 and rode the 53" model (135CM).
Old     (brian_young)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-18-2013, 7:41 PM Reply   
It is the Hyperlite Experience, no other brands is stated when you sign up. As long as the feel is somewhat close, I should be fine. I'm not going for the board demo, more the slammed G23 and Murray!

So looks like the Franchise or Murray is the way to go. Too bad they neither one comes in something closer to 140. Will probably go with the 142, I'm on a 139 Harley at 6' and 185 lbs.

Mark,
How many people were at the event you attended?
Old     (MattAlz33)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-18-2013, 10:24 PM Reply   
I was at the Hyperlite Experience today with Jimmy behind the G25 and it was sick. I was leaning toward the AR-1, but went with the Webb and I absolutely loved it. My buddy rode the Franchise and he liked it so much he's thinking about getting one. If there was another Hyperlite Experience near me I would go again. It was epic, wakeboard and surf behind a G25 with a pro rider, choose any Hyperlite or Byerly gear you want to ride and a swag bag all for $30 is a steal.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       06-19-2013, 5:46 PM Reply   
I went from the Harley to the Marek. I really thought they were pretty close too. Had a little help from a guy named Greg Nelson not sure who he is???? lol
Old     (broke_folk)      Join Date: Sep 2010       06-19-2013, 6:14 PM Reply   
I ride a LF Harley and to compare the board to HL boards I've ridden would be between the Franchise & B-side. Both have great pop, but I think the franchise is a lot faster than B-Side. That my .02.
I would love to ride marek and Murray in the future
Old     (annq42)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-20-2013, 4:34 AM Reply   
I love both the Marek and the Murray. I really like tight boards so I took some P-Wings and put them on my Marek and that board is super tight, its also a bit less forgiving because of it too. Both have great pop, but I think the Murray is more forgiving and a good starting point. The point of the Hyperlite Experience is to try new things, so I wouldnt worry too much about trying to find a board that is exactly like your Harley. Instead, try to find a board that you like, you may find that you love something completely different that you have never tried before.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-23-2013, 9:44 AM Reply   
I haven't ridden a Harley but I can tell you the marek is going to pop a lot harder than the franchise and may be faster as well. The franchise will be smoother on edges and the pop may be even easier to control
Old     (nautiboy614)      Join Date: Dec 2010       07-11-2013, 8:53 AM Reply   
If you can harness the pop of the AR board, check it out, the thing is a rocket for launching straight up pop! The Marek is always easy choice, fast & a predictable pop off the wake both are going to be similar to the Harley.