Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (malibumatt)      Join Date: May 2006       02-10-2010, 3:08 PM Reply   
Was looking up some prices on NADA and it doesn't show Calabria's past 2008. What is the story on them?
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-10-2010, 3:24 PM Reply   
I just drove by their shop last week and they are still in business. Not sure why the NADA doesnt show past 2008. I do know a lot of the dealers around here still have brand new 2008s.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-10-2010, 3:31 PM Reply   
Matt, Calabria's are ridiculously overvalued on NADA. If you are just looking to make financing easier it is nice but don't expect a used Calabria to be priced anywhere close to NADA unless things have changed in the last couple of years. A couple of years ago I had a 2003 Cal Air direct drive and NADA said the boat was worth about 35-40k. It was worth closer to 25-28.
Old     (malibumatt)      Join Date: May 2006       02-10-2010, 3:54 PM Reply   
Was going to look at a 2006 Pro V with 66 hrs., heater, shower, perfect pass, 32k. Was just trying to see what a 4 yr old boat was worth when I realized nothing was posted pass 2008. They must be down to custom orders only if there so few 09 & 10's to not justify posting a value. good to know about the inflation though.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-10-2010, 4:23 PM Reply   
That sounds like a an ok price on that boat. I thought mine was a nice boat and Calabria's seem to have everything you could want on them as far as options go. The ProV has to have the most square footage of room of any 21.5' boat in the market. It is kind of shallow but it looks like a living room. I don't know where you were looking but online I found 2006. It NADA's out to 40k average retail without a trailer. The boat is probably worth right around high 20's to low 30's.

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?LI=1-24-38-5697-0-0-0&l=1&w=24&p=38&f=5698&m=0246&d=1600248111&y=2006& ml=C&gc=MR&gtc=MR
Old     (dbdan)      Join Date: Jun 2009       02-10-2010, 10:12 PM Reply   
Yep, they're still in business. I picked up my 2010 in August.

Mox, I keep looking for you out at Millerton, actually, I'm looking for your crew...but I haven't seen you yet!
Old     (njwaterwarrior)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-17-2010, 9:35 AM Reply   
Just purchased a 2002 Calabria Cal-Air. Hoping it will work out great for me and my crew, as were not 100% wakeboard, but more 60/40 with other water sports. Great looking boat though, and the tower is perfection as far as matching goes.

Steve
NJ
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-17-2010, 5:45 PM Reply   
dbdan
I just got back from Tahoe and am still in snowboard mode but i will be pulling the boat out soon. As the crew you refer to usually the last weekend in April things really get going.
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       02-19-2010, 4:29 PM Reply   
I have a 1997 Calabria Laguna that I've owned for 6 years, I've owned boats for 30 years and have never had a better built boat than this one. Their quality is excellent.
Old     (radmattyd)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-04-2010, 11:36 AM Reply   
When I was at the Seattle Boat Show. The guy at Supreme Boats told me that Calabria went completely out of business and that Supreme bought their old factory in CA. So they are making Supreme Boats on the old Calabria grounds.

Does this have any truth to it?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-04-2010, 11:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by radmattyd View Post
When I was at the Seattle Boat Show. The guy at Supreme Boats told me that Calabria went completely out of business and that Supreme bought their old factory in CA. So they are making Supreme Boats on the old Calabria grounds.

Does this have any truth to it?
Sounds like complete BS but who knows. For a while Supreme's were built by fineline(Centurion) but they have changed that. I think Karl Kostner or his daughter or something like that might own Supreme. It wouldn't suprise me if Calabria was in a position where they had to sell or go out of business. They don't make that many boats and over the past year or 2 a lot of the boats for sale have been closeouts. I would almost be surprised if they built more than 25 boats in 09.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-05-2010, 5:59 AM Reply   
supreme is owned by kal custom and were made by fineline for them when centurion and kal custom parted ways kal custome took supreme with them and are now having them made by calabria
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-05-2010, 12:04 PM Reply   
ya harolds right calabria is still building boats but they've more or less partnered up with supreme and they are building both boats out of the same factory i think they did this to keep both brands afloat until people start buying again but latley when i drive by the factory they've pretty much been doing repairs on anything that comes through the door there was even a natique their the other day getting some fiberglass work done. lol
Old     (malibumatt)      Join Date: May 2006       03-05-2010, 12:54 PM Reply   
What snwmot said. I heard the same thing yesterday that they are both under one roof right now. They are far and few between. If you roll up in a Calabria odds are your not going to see the same boat on the lake for sure.
Old     (dru1974)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-07-2010, 7:18 AM Reply   
I called the dealer up here and they are still going, he gave me an unreal price on a boat ...new under 50 canadiaan, thats a good deal.