Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-18-2008, 9:29 AM Reply   
thanks for the pulls Chuck! You and Brandon are great hosts, and top notch teachers as well.
Sorry, I do not have better photos. Maybe Brandon or Mitch can post up more from this weekend.
Here is what we started with.
Upload
Brandon starting the day
Upload
Chuck riding what?
Upload
Chuck killing it with bad foot.
Upload
Here is what we ended the day with
Upload

well worth the drive through the smoke and fire to get up there. Looking forward to my next trip up.

edid- can someone move this to the proper topic please? oops.

(Message edited by ttrigo on November 18, 2008)
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-18-2008, 12:53 PM Reply   
What lake was this on in Bakersfield? Sweet pics.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-18-2008, 12:57 PM Reply   
Brandon is a great Guy to ride with, one of the first that invited me out when I moved to L.A.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-18-2008, 1:45 PM Reply   
Andy you in LA. What's up with that? Chucks place is awasome. Brandon T to B last weekend?
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-18-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
Is Perry Richmond still living in Bakersfield/Tehachepi area?
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-18-2008, 3:31 PM Reply   
I wouldn't say that Bakersfield is "heaven on earth" but I would say that it has itself a few nice private lakes! Aside from the deathly odor it blows at you coming from cow pies and steaming crap, I'd say it's alright. But, if it weren't for those lakes, I'd call that place the "Arm pit of California" It's definitely not a pleasant feeling getting punched in the face with puke-ish scents at 8am out on the water.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-18-2008, 3:51 PM Reply   
Manteca is the armpit of the CA. Bakersfield is the pit stains.
Now being down wind from Norco is the odor of death.
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-18-2008, 4:17 PM Reply   
Gross!! I like where I live... fresh air and no puke/poo/pit stain bombs to the nostrils!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-18-2008, 4:29 PM Reply   
video of said "heaven on earth" coming soon!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-18-2008, 4:35 PM Reply   
Having a private lake would be nice. But guess what... You still have to be in Bakersfield! Might as well slit your wrists!
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-18-2008, 5:12 PM Reply   
What's the matter with you people?! Bakersfield is a great place to live. Maybe you haven't actually spent any length of time here. I can certainly think of worse places to live than Bako.

Randy-- No T to B just yet; only tryed it once though. Soon enough!

Andy-- When you gonna be back in CA? Hit me up man.

Phantom-- Thanks for clarifing where the real armpit is.

Trigo-- Thanks for the post. I have some pics that I will get to you soon.
Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-18-2008, 6:50 PM Reply   
HEY! I didn't know my wife's father lived in the armpit of California. I will have to bring my nose plugs for turkey day. Thanks for the info. Phantom.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       11-18-2008, 7:03 PM Reply   
California = too many people= too little water

Our lake:
Bring your friends, family, kids
let dogs run free
ride day or night
don't need a third-what flag?
no rangers= no tickets
play whatever music you want as loud as you want
build sliders
drink a little too much playing cornhole
water this nice even on 4th of July!!!

armpit to some, heaven to others

Who wants to come out sunday and ride---it's my birthday!!!!!!
Old     (raynegrl)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-18-2008, 7:55 PM Reply   
Hey, it felt like heaven on earth to me on Sunday and the company couldn't have been any better! Thanks again for everything, Chuck, and Happy Birthday!!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-18-2008, 8:38 PM Reply   
Happy Birthday Chuck, you 29 again
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-18-2008, 8:50 PM Reply   
29??? wow, you're way older than i am. i'm turning 22 in a few months!
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-18-2008, 9:05 PM Reply   
I would gladly accept the odor of poo if I could have water like that every day...
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-18-2008, 9:19 PM Reply   
Not to mention Chuck's neighbors mix the strongest batches of margaritas known to man. Chuck I wish I could come out for your birthday, I know the slice of heaven you got there!

Joe, do work son.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-18-2008, 9:38 PM Reply   
Here are some from Sunday. I have to find where I put the Saturday pics.

Here is the 29 year old!
Upload
Upload
Upload

A few of me!
Upload
Upload
Upload

And George!
Upload
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-19-2008, 1:06 AM Reply   
u guys are lucky you still have water in ur lake. me and the carrols lake wolf lakes cut off water about 2 months before the contract season was over and told us to basically get over it. they're too cheap to pump the water it. i guess that the 3 grand i pay isn't enough for them to supply the water for the rest of the season if the canal gets shut off.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       11-19-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
Brandon and Chuck! I wanna come out...Did you say it'd be cool to bring my dog? My beagle Buddy would be stoked to get out of the city and run around. Plus, I need to get revenge in cornhole against Brandon! (If you don't know what it is....it's not what you're probably thinking...sickos!). I can't believe you're only 1.5hrs away and I still haven't made it out.

What's the water temp like right now? Looks like the high today is gonna be mid 70s? Is that pretty much how it's been?

Hit me up guys...I'd love to get a few more runs in before it get's too cold...I think I'm getting past the age where I push the 100 air/water rule. It's more like 130 now! HA!
Old     (ridinonair)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-19-2008, 8:56 AM Reply   
whew!! glad you didn't throw any of me up there guys! I was beat from that all nighter and I just wrecked and wrecked and wrecked (and a serious case of an inflammed....)

Brandon was going HUGE, Chuck worked his magic as usual, and its always a blast on the water with these guys. I will see if I can make it Sunday Chuck, Happy BDay brotha!
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-19-2008, 9:42 AM Reply   
Have a great birthday Chuck!

Say hi to the family for us. Hopefully we'll see you guys soon.
Old     (luke_carroll)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-19-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
Sunday huh? I am going to be heading back from Fresno that morning. If its cool I would like to hit it with you guys and get abused again.

And bakersfield might be the pits but Chucks lake is my idea of heaven!

I think it might be cold air temp this weekend. Water temp will probably be 57 to 60 but the air temp is dropping.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-19-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
sunday huh? I'll have to give you a call. it sounds doable. might have to truck the family up this time.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       11-19-2008, 2:01 PM Reply   
Sunday around 10am. Air temp should be in the low 70's/water 58-60.

come one, come all--should be fun!!
Old    wiz            11-19-2008, 2:10 PM Reply   
happy birthday, chuck!!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-19-2008, 2:29 PM Reply   
sounds good man. the wife and kid are coming along as well. might have to break out the corn hole this time around!
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-19-2008, 2:47 PM Reply   
I challenge anyone to a game of cornhole!!! Wish I could make it this weekend but having a pre Thanksgiving Thanksgiving bash (with many games of cornhole). Maybe we can get a remote game going?? How do you guys score? Count hangers?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-19-2008, 3:31 PM Reply   
Seth, do you know Chuck & Brandon? If not, you should. You would appreciate the setup Chuck has, glass water and a slider that is a ton of fun to hit. I'd be careful though, Brandon is a ringer at cornhole. I've only seen him beat by one person.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       11-19-2008, 3:51 PM Reply   
what up wiz....let's go to FL!
Old    wiz            11-20-2008, 4:57 PM Reply   
dude....that would be soooo nice! right now with the car industry tanking, i'm having to be super frugal. maybe after the bail out!! haha!
Old     (kopp210)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-22-2008, 10:41 AM Reply   
brandon is the cornhole queen! I miss you guys a ton. Glad to hear all is well. Soon as work slows down we will make some plans
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-22-2008, 11:29 AM Reply   
I'm glad to call Bako home! Born there, and lived there for 4 years, and go back almost every summer and winter. not the best place in California, but still one of my favorite places to go!
Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-23-2008, 9:33 AM Reply   
Happy Birthday Chuck!
I was gonna sneak over there to watch you guys ride, but the family is gettin' together today.

Have fun...
Old     (dstockton)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-23-2008, 4:57 PM Reply   
Happy Birthday Chuck, Sorry I flaked last weekend. Just got home from vegas today.I'll call you this week.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-23-2008, 8:30 PM Reply   
another epic day on the lake with the boys from bako. can't wait to see the new thread on today.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       11-24-2008, 9:54 AM Reply   
Sorry I missed it guys. I had a late night Saturday and just couldn't drag myself off the couch Sunday. Hope you had a great B-day Chuck!

I definitely want to head out there soon though! Let me know when is a good time!

TTYL!

Dan
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-24-2008, 10:30 AM Reply   
New post will be up later this afternoon....it'll be a good one!
Old     (ridinonair)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-24-2008, 11:53 AM Reply   
Wish I could have made it, late nights fri and saturday, plus broke, but Happy Bday again Chuck, saw some of the pictures already, looks like you had a good time on the water with your new friend!