Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (praisinplaya)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-11-2003, 7:44 PM Reply   
Hey guys...ive been looking at both a 99 Super Air Nautique and a Pro Air. What are the differences in these boats other than V and D Drive. Are they the same hull? If so, then weighted right, would they put out the same wake? And would anyone that has ridden behind either of these give me their opinion on them? Thanks for any input guys...later days!

Matt Ratliff
PraisinPlaya@aol.com

(Message edited by praisinplaya on March 11, 2003)
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-11-2003, 7:49 PM Reply   
Nope different hulls. The Pro air has some trick venting in the hull to allow it to sit deeper and produce a bigger wake (in therory!). The super air has the same hull as the air. CC has dropped the Pro air model now, I'm not sure why, some feedback I heard was it didn't produce a wake as good as the super air. If you test drive both you can tell us what you think!
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-12-2003, 12:20 PM Reply   
The Pro Air was the first boat to have a unique hull designed specifically for boarding. Correct Craft named it the TWC hull, for Total Wake Control. As Darren mentioned, it was a great idea in theory, but didn't crack up to be all it was billed as. If the hull had really been that good, we would have seen something along the lines of a Pro Super Air. I still think a 20' v-drive based on the Pro Air hull with a 5" wider beam would have been a sweet boat, but I doubt the TWC hull would have added much to the wake size and shape.

If you've got the choice between the Super Air and Pro Air, with all other things being equal, get the Super Air hands down.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-12-2003, 12:28 PM Reply   
I don't think CC even mentions TWC on it's site anymore - it may not have been the best design, yet it was good marketing.
Old    ridinhigh            03-12-2003, 1:15 PM Reply   
I owned a 99 Pro Air prior to purchasing our 02 Air and in my opinion the Pro Air wake was much better as far as size goes. They are shaped about the same but the Pro Air was definitely bigger. The Air is a little touchy when it comes to weighting the boat right to keep the wake from washing out at the peak. If it's just me and my wife we actually have to put more weight on her side of the boat to maintain a nice even wake. The Pro Air wasn't near as touchy and only got bigger and better with weight.

I've never ridden behind a Super Air that I can compare it to.
Old     (jaybird)      Join Date: May 2006       03-12-2003, 1:31 PM Reply   
i own a pro air. if you put a lot of weight in it, it throws a nice wake, but a rampy one. the super air throws up a way steeper wake. the v drive is nice cause you can hide the majority if not all the weight in the boat, while in my boat you are walking over sacs. if you can ride behind both before you buy, i really recomend it. it comes down to what kind of wake you like. TRY BEFORE YOU BUY. if i were to get a new boat right now it would be a super air.
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-13-2003, 11:43 AM Reply   
Jason,

Can you put a fat sac on top of the ballast tanks in the back? That's what we did when we demo'd the air back in 1998, but I don't know if it is a good idea to put weight on a plastic tank. I was thinking that a Pro Air, with the 400 lb stock, another 500 lb fat sac on top of it in the storage area in back, and about 400 lb (estimate) in the ski locker making 1300 lb would be enough ballast, and not have to walk around stepping on sacks.
Old     (jaybird)      Join Date: May 2006       03-13-2003, 7:04 PM Reply   
here is what i got in my boat right now. ballast tanks full. a sac in the locker that takes up the whole area, kinda like a tube sac i guess. then i have a smaller sac i put between the engine and the back seat. then a big sac on the back seat. another sac in the ski locker up front and then a big sac up front in the bow. my ballast tanks have been fine, and everyone else that i know with tanks puts a sac on top. i used to run to big sacs on each side of the engine, but one sac got a leak in it, so i am running what i mentioned above. it throws a pretty decent wake, plus its nice have the sides of the engine open for more room.
Old     (south30)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-13-2003, 8:44 PM Reply   
go for the Super the wake does not ever compare to the pro..
I've been through
2000 DD Launch
01 pro air
now 02 SAN
no joke its the best,
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-13-2003, 11:28 PM Reply   
Did the DD launch have a better wake than the pro air? I've heard good things about the DD launch.