Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-25-2008, 1:29 PM Reply   
What's the word on the CWB Answer? ie. Comfort, Support, and the reverse hinge. Also any real pictures would be great.
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-25-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeside.com/product/wakeboard_gear/mens/wakeboard_bindings/cwb+answer+wakeboard+bindings+2008.do
you can find pics there on wakeside. The boots are supposed to be a little less stiff than the new Zeus's (which have apparently gotten a bit stiffer than in 07). I've heard a few people say that they were super comfortable, but I've never tried them on myself- and as far as the reversed hinge goes, I think just about everyone likes it better. Some people on here have gotten ripped open from the old hinge coming back and hitting the back of their thigh. Also, I find that the hinge on my 07 factions undoes if I take a really aggressive heelside edge and sometimes just doing butterslides, so the flipped around hinge should stop that from happening too.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-25-2008, 2:40 PM Reply   
I've got the Answers, they are great. I rode the Deuce last year and the Answer has lots more support. They do offer some flexibility that I like. In regards to the comfort, holy crap they are amazing! Reverse Hinge seems to clean up the line of the boot and so far has held well. I have pictures of them mounted up on my Faction board but they are on my computer at home, I'll try and post em up.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-25-2008, 2:40 PM Reply   
The key difference is the hard, shell-like cover that rests over the tonque in the Zues. It makes the boot a lot stiffer, which is exactly what I need.

If you like the hinge, and the look / feel of the Zeus, but you prefer a boot that is less stiff for more ankle movement (a lot of people do) then the Answer is for you. When you're standing in both boots, they feel the same until you start moving around.
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       01-25-2008, 3:03 PM Reply   
The other modification you will find in the Hinge Tech for 08 is the operation of how the heel cup is closed onto your foot. With the 07 you used the hinge to pull the heel cup closed. For 08 the foot heel portion of the foot bed does that. The latch of the hinge is now just to lock it in place. A much smoother operation and literally can be done with one finger.
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-26-2008, 2:46 PM Reply   
what would be comparable the lf watson's or shane's to the factions or the answers. when talking about how stiff they are.i wish the answers came in ot's too.
Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-26-2008, 2:50 PM Reply   
The Watsons are a really supportive boot. My guess would be that the Watsons are more supportive than the answer.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-26-2008, 4:54 PM Reply   
Much in the way the Shane's are a more flexible boot than the Watson with many shared features/fit, the Answer is like that with the Zeus.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-26-2008, 5:06 PM Reply   
The Answers are just plain sick!! I used to be very anti-closed toe until I put my feet in these. VERY comfy and they hold like crazy.
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-26-2008, 6:32 PM Reply   
so are the factions are pretty flexible binding, too. like the shane's or?
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-28-2008, 7:24 AM Reply   
I've never ridden Shane's so I'm not too sure how they compare, but yeah the Factions are super flexible