Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (tmb4)      Join Date: May 2006       05-17-2006, 8:33 AM Reply   
I have wanted to start Wakeboarding for a long time now and I now finally plan to start. I am looking to pickup a decent board and bindings but this is not a cheap sport and I don’t want to make a mistake. Please answer any of the questions below that you can.

Several posters say to demo boards first, does anyone know where this can be done in Miami?

I also wonder if all brands of Bindings can work with different brands of Boards.

I am considering getting a Large (9-10.5) binding, but I have an 11.5 foot. Does anyone have a comment on this? I want to make sure that other friends and family can share the Bindings, my foot is not fat, just long, I think the toes can stick out, right?

How hard is it to change the Bindings? My wife has a small foot and will need her own smaller binding. Can Bindings be changed on the boat easily?

Should I get a lesson or is this something that I can Google and figure out?

Thanks for any help that you could provide and thanks to all the posts that have given me so much other info.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-17-2006, 9:15 AM Reply   
If possible always demo.
I am shure there are some shops in Miami you can demo.
Most brands of bindings and boards work together these days.
If you want to get bindings that work for more than one rider then they are avaible, CWB makes the Torq with the hinge tech thats sells at most shops for 199.99 and the size ranges are xs/med 5 tru 8 L/Xl 9 tru 12 and you can buy them with the CWB Sol board as a package for 329 at most shops.

Bindings can easyly be swaped out on the boat if you have a phillip head srewdriver in most cases.

Lessons are always good if you want to learn the fundementals and get better faster for shure.

Best of luck to ya and welcome to wakeworld.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-17-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
Check out some of the package deals on www.wakeside.com and www.buywake.com
Old     (mikel)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-17-2006, 11:46 AM Reply   
Check out all of the sponsors above...

Mike
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-17-2006, 12:17 PM Reply   
My first wakeboard I went cheap and payed for it. I thought how much of a difference can there be. Man I was wrong. I would recommend the new Murray or 3DS board. I haven't rode the the 3DS board, but it is an awesome ride. You may want to look at the Premier too.
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-17-2006, 12:38 PM Reply   
HI, I highly recommend lessons unless you have very knowledgeable friends. Better to learn the proper stance and where to position your hands at the start then to pick up bad habits. Plus it will help you not to get fusterated. I didn't take lessons (just friends) the first couple of years and I didn't progress at all. Took lessons and I was going wake to wake in no time at all.

My husband and I share a board and each have our own bindings, it doesn't take much time to switch them.

Have fun