Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (connerthurston)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-15-2008, 12:49 PM Reply   
Has any one ridden the new Ronix Arcade By Bill Board. From what i see its like all the grind base liquid force stuff but Im wondering if its quick on the water or if it tracks good. any info would be good.....
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-15-2008, 4:03 PM Reply   
It tracks well and is fairly quick.
Old     (connerthurston)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-15-2008, 4:26 PM Reply   
Have you tried to hit sliders with it yet?
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-15-2008, 4:28 PM Reply   
Ill give you what dean smith told me and hes the ronix rider who rides it the most.
He said its like a collaboration of the one and the covin from last year...its super fast and tracks nice but it has more speed than the one (like the covin) but more straight up pop than the covin (like the one). Im pumped on trying it out
Old     (connerthurston)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-15-2008, 4:51 PM Reply   
Me to for sure.. I ride Cable mostly so I need the quickness for air tricks but I also need the strength of a Grind base. Liquid Force makes all those grind bases but they are all over weight for the way I ride. I hope it is light like most Ronix boards. Overall it seems like its gonna shred for sure...
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-15-2008, 4:57 PM Reply   
well im a ronix man all the way for the wake but if you're gonna spend that much on a board for cable riding get a slingshot or the new byerly assault..both are great. plus they are indestructible on rails
Old     (connerthurston)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-15-2008, 5:19 PM Reply   
i had a response 137 with the floyd boots and I killed the board in 3 weeks... the edges crushed really fast even on good sliders i just need a really strong spine and has an okay base for rails and the slingshot didnt do it for me. the shop that I ride for doesnt carry byerly but ill check it out. Thanks for the input
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-15-2008, 5:22 PM Reply   
yeah check out the byerly, ive talked to some people who ride them at OWC and love them.
I know exactly what you mean about the weight of the liquid force grind base boards too...i tried a watson ltd and hated it.
Old     (connerthurston)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-15-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
yeah they are really really heavy it prolly feels like the strongest board I have ever ridden where can i see the byerly? its not on wake world
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-15-2008, 6:04 PM Reply   
Here is a good site, good picture, and good information about the assault. I have personally taken this board and hit the edges on different objects and it is much tougher with the new G.R.E. construction. Tough molded ABS fins too. Great job Butch! http://www.perfski.com/Store/2009-Byerly-Assault-55.html
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-20-2008, 2:00 PM Reply   
sorry to hijack but I need a little advise from anyone who has ridden the new Viva, One or Bill. im goin on a lil' trip over fall break and im limited to 2 shop boards in our bag on the plane. my question is which of these ride most similar to the Frontier or Covin? i loved those shapes and they just called both quits on me. im sure ill be able to narrow it down from there, but i can only bring 2 boards this time. which would you bring?
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-20-2008, 3:08 PM Reply   
the viva is sharpes new model so I'd say that it would ride like the covin, and I would go with the Bill over the One!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-20-2008, 7:33 PM Reply   
The Arcade is super light, and you can't go wrong with the nearly indestructable Dark Core versions of the boards, especially the CSV2. I'm hopping on next year.
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-20-2008, 8:58 PM Reply   
Is dean smith riding the bill instead of the one or is he swapping between them?>
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-21-2008, 9:01 AM Reply   
i ride 139 3ds and love it on cable...also looking for a new board. hyperlite are releasing a davies board which is made specifically for cable so i'd try that too!
i wanna get my hands on a bill for demo aswell, but its either too long or to short for me on cable
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-21-2008, 9:08 AM Reply   
Tom, the viva is a big departure from sharpes previous model. Soft rail, somewhat staged belly, loose, and a little slower. The arcade with a center fin is not too unlike the covin, very fast. still poppy, and flexible thru the body of the board
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-21-2008, 2:59 PM Reply   
If the bill is a mix between the one and the covin would that wake it similar to the Bside which is a mix between the prem and the 3DS?
Old     (brendonwilmoth)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-01-2008, 4:26 PM Reply   
i cant wait to get my 09 ronix arcade by bill!}}}
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-01-2008, 8:37 PM Reply   
I am going to get the Viva this week and probably the Mana too. I like the way both boards ride so much i can't pick between them. Totally stoked. I sent my 08 CWB Marius back to CWB because it snapped on the side and my Answers because they came unglued, and CWB is sending me the 09 setup.
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-01-2008, 9:31 PM Reply   
Justin- how could you like such different boards? From what i understand although not at fast as the covin, the viva is still pretty fast and on the looser side. The mana is about as slow as riding in molasses in january and is kinda grippy (even finless) due to the big honkin' molded fins. I have ridden the mana so unless im wrong about the viva, the boards are not even close to the same style of ride. but then again its all what you like...
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-01-2008, 9:41 PM Reply   
I know what you mean, but I will be riding at TSR some this year and I need a finless board. And I really liked the Mana last year, but all the guys at Texas Mastercraft are telling me I will really like the Viva. I need some input on how the Viva rides first because I am hearing alot of different stuff about it.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-02-2008, 1:25 AM Reply   
TSR? if its a cable and you're taking your fins off i wouldn't bother. Just use smaller fins.

I use my 3ds on both boat and cable and use 0.8" p-wings, grippy and loose! I never understand having two boards, cause if you get used to the way one board rides you're technique and style will develop quicker.

yes...you might wreck your board on obstacles (mine are still going stong with the occasionaly ding) but it sounds like you're buying another board anyway!